Car Connection:

jbatzmaru_IHB

Hello All- i am thinking of buying a new car and i was wondering if anyone on this forum works for a car dealership or has some connection. Trying to get a bargain on a new car. Looking to get a Lexus. Thanks in advance.

ES350-2008 Silver on black with the following packages.

Lexus Premium Audio w/Navigation

Premium Plus Package

Heated and Ventilated Front Seats

Intuitive Parking Assist

Wood and Leather Steering Wheel

Bluetooth Audio

Rear Seat Side Airbags

Power Rear Sunshade

Full-Size Spare Tire

215/55R17 Summer Tires

I got them down to $$36,476 can someone help me get a better deal?

I have used www.edmunds.com a couple of times and felt we got a good deal. You get three quotes to choose from, so you have a price before you even go to the dealership.

When I last purchased a car I sent e-mails to all the local car dealers with a rough spec of the car with the promise that I would buy the car the following weekend from the dealer with the cheapest quote.

I ended up buying from a dealer that quoted $500 below factory price which I was happy with

In Southern California, you can get a great deal on a Lexus because there are so many dealerships around. What is the price you are getting in comparison to the invoice price (ie 500 above, 300 below, etc)? That'll help us gauge how good of a deal it is. Don't include Tax, Title, License fees as those are the same regardless of dealership.

Figure out exactly what model/options you want on the Lexus.com site and find the MSRP (configurations vary regionally). Then look up the same exact car on Edmunds or Carpoint (make sure the MSRP matches what Lexus.com said) and you will have the Invoice price.

Call (don't waste your time going in) several of the dealerships in the area and find out:

- if they have the car

- what their best price is

Make sure you tell them you are going to buy in the next few days (only if that is actually true) and that you are getting quotes. The response you'll get from most of them is.. 'We'll be able to beat any price you get from another dealership... You want to buy from us because if you get the car serviced here, you'll get xxxxxxxx'. At least one of the dealerships will give you a price - 'Our internet price is xxxxx'. Use that price to begin negotiations...

Check out the forums at <a href="http://www.clublexus.com/forums/">Club Lexus</a>. There are a few threads where you can find out what deals people have been getting.

Is this the car you're looking for:

ES350

BE - Rear airbags

HL - HID

HN - Sunshade

NV - NAV

PA - Park Assist

PT - Prem Plus

WU - Wood/Leather Steering Wheel

Z1 - Pref Acc

MSRP: $42,235

If not, let me know what the MSRP of the car you're looking for (from lexus.com) and I can suggest what you should probably pay for it.

Here is what i been quote:

es 350

BE - Rear airbags

HL - HID

HN - Sunshade

NV - NAV

PA - Park Assist

PT - Prem Plus

WU - Wood/Leather Steering Wheel

Z1 - Pref Acc

HH-? edmunds

FS- Full size spare

Dealer invoice is 37119 and the guy said he can go 1k below so my price would be $36119

IS250

LL-luxury package

NV-nav

HL-HID

FT-?

dealer invoice is 33828 and he can go 1500 below invoice so my price would be $32328

The IS is at a good price, the ES they can probably go down to 35,660.

Whatever price you get, take that to Longo and have them beat it. The Longo methodology is to go back and forth 3 times, so be sure you have the salesperson do that. Since Longo does such large volume, they have the most wiggle room of the Toyota/Lexus dealers.

i suggest you check out....http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0cb41a.f0cb415

its basically a thread of nothing but people posting what they paid for their ES350.

But like someone said before, use edmunds or something where they send your request out to 3 dealers and you get 3 quotes within 5 minutes. Then all you have to do is keep telling them which one is the lowest and then they either match or lose you.

However, I will admit when I was shopping in December 06, I did look into the IS and the Lexus dealers were not fun to deal with. This could also have been due to the fact the IS 250/350 was just released so it was a hot car at the time. I ended up going with an Acura TL, and kept it to an email only communication and before I went in, I had the price and the VIN ID for the car they had saved for me.

But yeah, check out the website. Since OC/LA is such a hot market for Lexus you should be able to find someone who bought around here and use that as leverage. I just did a search in that discussion for "orange county" and heres one that came up from january 2008

<blockquote>

Hello all, first post here now that I am a happy owner of the 350 (so far). I purchases the 350 with the Premium package, and the accessories such as trunk net. The one seriously disappointing part of the buying experience was that you really are stuck with the 3 packages they offer, you can't add things like the rear sun shade.

MSRP Before Options: $33,720

MSRP w/Options $37,700

Color: Smokey Granite Mica with Black Leather

I paid $33,000 including dealer delivery fees, but not including DMV fees and tax. This was from Westminister Lexus in Orange County.

</blockquote>

so seems just add in the costs of your extras such as the Nav then you are set

Back