Capital Grille

OCtoSV

We had the pleasure of watching the USC-UCLA game at the bar at CG by SC Plaza, and it only solidified my opinion of CG as the best chain steakhouse, and a decent value. The dry aged 1 lb NY was $61, not cheap but that's more like $75 up here at someplace like The Sea by Alexander, and this looked even bigger than 1 lb. They also nail medium rare. Now that Harbor Grill has closed this will be our go to for a nice meal when we're down visiting.

We also revisited 5 Crowns after probably a decade. Reliable and consistent though we agreed The House of Prime Rib in SF has a tad more flavorful beef. The star of the meal was the frito misto, so light and non greasy with fat shrimp.

I was never a fan of Capital Grille, had it couple times at South Coast and at the Vegas location years back. Mastros has gone downhill in recent years too, my go to for steak is Trust aka Playground 2.0 in DTSA for their steak night.

I was never a fan of Capital Grille, had it couple times at South Coast and at the Vegas location years back. Mastros has gone downhill in recent years too, my go to for steak is Trust aka Playground 2.0 in DTSA for their steak night.

I really like Vaca over in Costa Mesa.

intriguing concept

I second Vaca - very tasty.

Has anyone been to marble steakhouse over in Woodbury??

Looks like a Korean steakhouse? They have Korean bbq on the menu.

I HIGHLY recommend the aged ribeye....SOOOO GOOD!!!

Vaca ribeyes are great! Had Mastros dry aged rib eye recently, at the end of Oct, one of their specials for the night, off menu, but I can say I prefer Vaca's more. I like Vaca's tapas too, but their paella was just OK. We should go...I'll set something up.

Vaca ribeyes are great! Had Mastros dry aged rib eye recently, at the end of Oct, one of their specials for the night, off menu, but I can say I prefer Vaca's more. I like Vaca's tapas too, but their paella was just OK. We should go...I'll set something up.

I'm in, set it up.

Back