Can you please make the rain stop?

locolocal

How am I supposed to convince my out-of-state relatives that the reason why Irvine housing is at a premium is because of the weather?

I think we are getting are rain quota for the year in a span of about 2 weeks. Fine with me. We really need more water for drought stricken SoCal.

Get your rain coats and umbrellas out again, we are in for another soaking late tonight through Wednesday. Flash Flood Watch in the house!  :eek:

Issued by The National Weather Service
San Diego, CA
3:06 pm PST, Tue., Dec. 21, 2010

... MORE RAIN THROUGH WEDNESDAY...

A FINAL EPISODE OF MODERATE TO HEAVY RAIN WILL MOVE ACROSS THE REGION LATE TONIGHT AND WEDNESDAY AS A COLD FRONT MOVES ACROSS SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITH HEAVY RAINS WILL CREATE MORE FLOODING AND DEBRIS FLOW PROBLEMS... PARTICULARLY OVER THE MOUNTAINS. RUNOFF COMING OUT OF THE MOUNTAINS INTO CATCH BASINS THAT ARE ALREADY NEAR CAPACITY WILL OVERFLOW INTO CREEKS AND STREAMS.

IN SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY THE AREAS OF GREATEST CONCERN FOR FLOODING AND DEBRIS FLOWS INCLUDE LYTLE CREEK... MILL CREEK AND WATERMAN CANYON. IN THE HIGH DESERTS... ADDITIONAL FLOODING ON THE MOJAVE RIVER WILL IMPACT HESPERIA AND VICTORVILLE. THE SANTA ANA RIVER FLOWING INTO ORANGE COUNTY MAY ALSO FLOOD.

OTHER AREAS SUBJECT TO FLASH FLOODING AND DEBRIS FLOWS INCLUDE THE SAN DIEGO RIVER... THE SANTA MARGARITA RIVER AND THE SAN LUIS REY RIVER. THE POOMACHA BURN AREA NEAR PALOMAR MOUNTAIN WILL BE ESPECIALLY SUSCEPTIBLE TO DEBRIS FLOWS AND MUDSLIDES.

THE WHITEWATER RIVER CHANNEL THROUGH THE COACHELLA VALLEY WILL ALSO BE SUSCEPTIBLE TO FLOODING.

THE SNOW LEVEL WILL LOWER TO 5000 FEET WEDNESDAY WITH 1 TO 2 FEET OF SNOW IN THE MOUNTAINS ABOVE 7000 FEET.

This type of famine/flood rain really wreaks havoc on SoCal.

Drains that have been forgotten about are now clogged and when the rain pours like this... it's usually too late before the damage is done.

A building I was in about 6-7 years ago in had the top floor ceiling cave in from water flooding in because the drain pipes were full of debris and couldn't dissipate the water fast enough so it just pooled on the roof and leaked through.

Roads/freeways that haven't been wet in months start falling apart and people who forgot how to drive in the rain cause accidents all over the place.

I just got my car washed last week for the first time in months... that must be cause for all this precipitation.

Since there will be a break between Wednesday and Sunday, take these relatives outside to see the snow that is on the San Gabriels or SB mountains. Remind them that it's great to see snow, even to drive to it, but it's just as great to go down to the Pacific on Christmas day to watch the waves, or go to Strawberry Farms the day after Christmas to golf.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People.

Garage flooded again...  i guess it makes it easier to throw out old junk.. especially with water damage..

Back