Can you name all 14 bubbles?

<b>If</b> the dollar was to significantly devalue, could today's knife catchers be the smart ones. Borrowing today to obtain homes and using "cheaper" money down the road to pay off the leverage ?

1) Netherlands flower market

2) New World Silver (Spain)

3) USA Railroad

4) Florida real estate

5) Black Friday USA stock market

6) Australia Precious Metals

7) International gold market

8) Japanese Yen

9) Dot.com

10) USA housing market

11) Chinese export economy

12) Commodities/food prices

13) Oil prices

14) USA treasuries

How did I do?

If Cap and Trade is passed the 15th bubble will be in the Pollution Credit market/ Emissions trading. Goldman will lead the way in

[quote author="xoneinax" date=1252656483]<b>If</b> the dollar was to significantly devalue, could today's knife catchers be the smart ones. Borrowing today to obtain homes and using "cheaper" money down the road to pay off the leverage ?</blockquote>
Dollar devaluation does not equal higher wages.

The more likely scenario is that the dollar devaluates, stuff costs more, wages decline, and folks have less money to spend on housing.

[quote author="awgee" date=1252976530][quote author="xoneinax" date=1252656483]<b>If</b> the dollar was to significantly devalue, could today's knife catchers be the smart ones. Borrowing today to obtain homes and using "cheaper" money down the road to pay off the leverage ?</blockquote>

The more likely scenario is that the dollar devaluates, stuff costs more, wages decline, and folks have less money to spend on housing.</blockquote>

Agree. I ran into our CFO in the elevator today and proposed to base our annual salary merit increase not on some phony govt inflation index but on dollar index...

[quote author="BondTrader" date=1252977436][quote author="awgee" date=1252976530][quote author="xoneinax" date=1252656483]<b>If</b> the dollar was to significantly devalue, could today's knife catchers be the smart ones. Borrowing today to obtain homes and using "cheaper" money down the road to pay off the leverage ?</blockquote>

The more likely scenario is that the dollar devaluates, stuff costs more, wages decline, and folks have less money to spend on housing.</blockquote>

Agree. I ran into our CFO in the elevator today and proposed to base our annual salary merit increase not on some phony govt inflation index but on dollar index...</blockquote>
ROFLMAO

My salary has been cut a total of 14% this year.

[quote author="awgee" date=1252979477]ROFLMAO

My salary has been cut a total of 14% this year.</blockquote>

See? Deflation at the end of your nose!

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1252983098][quote author="awgee" date=1252979477]ROFLMAO

See? Deflation at the end of your nose!</blockquote>

In which quarter was the CPI negative?

[quote author="awgee" date=1252983225][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1252983098][quote author="awgee" date=1252979477]ROFLMAO

In which quarter was the CPI negative?</blockquote>

Which quarter was your salary increase positive?

C'mon! Live a little!

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1252983670][quote author="awgee" date=1252983225][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1252983098][quote author="awgee" date=1252979477]ROFLMAO

C'mon! Live a little!</blockquote>

As usual, you claim defaltion, but can not show a single quarter in which CPI was negative.

Defaltion according to No_Vas definition. Lower prices on those Items No_Vas picks.

[quote author="awgee" date=1252985135][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1252983670][quote author="awgee" date=1252983225][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1252983098][quote author="awgee" date=1252979477]ROFLMAO

As usual, you claim defaltion, but can not show a single quarter in which CPI was negative.

Defaltion according to No_Vas definition. Lower prices on those Items No_Vas picks.</blockquote>

Nope. Only your paycheck which is off 14% yoy. If there was an inflation problem you'd see the opposite.

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1252986880][quote author="awgee" date=1252985135][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1252983670][quote author="awgee" date=1252983225][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1252983098][quote author="awgee" date=1252979477]ROFLMAO

Defaltion according to No_Vas definition. Lower prices on those Items No_Vas picks.</blockquote>

Nope. Only your paycheck which is off 14% yoy. If there was an inflation problem you'd see the opposite.</blockquote>
Does the definition of inflation and deflation depend upon my paycheck? Again, in which quarter was the CPI not positive?

How convenient to be able to pick and choose whatever data you decide in order to determine the state of affairs.

<a href="http://www.investopedia.com/university/inflation/inflation2.asp">How Inflation is Measured</a>, for No_Vas.

Back