Cambria or jade court

vikas420

Cambria  vs. jade court

What do the experts here think is a better value/offering between these 2 starter homes (~ 610-670k. range) .

Do like the fact that cambria offers some backyard space vs.  tiny courtyards at jade court . cambria however is an attached product vs. detached cal pacific offerings at jade court ( except for plan 3 which is semi-attached)

Both seem to have the same association due's/ melo Roos & elementary schools onsite( cypress village will have one early 2014)

I've seen the backyards of Cambria off of Irvine Blvd and most of the homes look like they are right up against the wall off of Irvine Blvd.  So maybe some lots have a decent backyard but I don't think all do.

Jade Court at least has a set sized patio so you know what you are going to get.  But don't like the fact that they are near the 5 fwy and the front of the units are right up against each other.

They both seem overpriced for what you get, especially after HOA and MR.

vikas420 said:
Cambria  vs. jade court

What do the experts here think is a better value/offering between these 2 starter homes (~ 610-670k. range) .

Do like the fact that cambria offers some backyard space vs.  tiny courtyards at jade court . cambria however is an attached product vs. detached cal pacific offerings at jade court ( except for plan 3 which is semi-attached)

Both seem to have the same association due's/ melo Roos & elementary schools onsite( cypress village will have one early 2014)

Given your price range, I would go with Jade court detached model. The HOA for the detached model should be cheaper then attached.

When one attached unit has termite the entire complex is affected. Noise transmission and water damage also affect the next door neighbors. Detached condos at least have 6-1/2' between units but town homes share a 2" gap. The detached units have a driveway parking next to the unit.

irvinehomeshopper said:
When one attached unit has termite the entire complex is affected. Noise transmission and water damage also affect the next door neighbors. Detached condos at least have 6-1/2' between units but town homes share a 2" gap. The detached units have a driveway parking next to the unit.

I totally agree with irvinehomeshopper.

USCTrojanCPA said:
test said:
detached > attached
Unless it's too close to the freeway.  A plan 3 Cambria with no living area shared wall might be the way to go.

If it's too close but JC isn't too close.  It' further away than Acacia and Acacia isn't even too close.  There is a basin that serves as an extra buffer in addition to the JOST walkway buffer.  If you've seen it in person it's quite large.  The homes in UP, QH, LA are closer to the freeway than they are.

6-1/2' is an approved fire break between homes by OCFA Orange County Fire Authority where a fire will take some time before burning the adjacent homes next door. Detached is far superior than attached homes. Immediate fire spread is much faster for attached homes.

I can't believe I am agreeing with Test.

test said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
test said:
detached > attached
Unless it's too close to the freeway.  A plan 3 Cambria with no living area shared wall might be the way to go.

If it's too close but JC isn't too close.  It' further away than Acacia and Acacia isn't even too close.  There is a basin that serves as an extra buffer in addition to the JOST walkway buffer.  If you've seen it in person it's quite large.  The homes in UP, QH, LA are closer to the freeway than they are.

Plan 4 Jade Court with vaulted ceilings look really nice.  Feels bigger than it actually is but for $640,000 is a lot for a condo.  You would be buying in the higher part of the condo market.

What are the alternatives for $640k?

FranchisePlr said:
Plan 4 Jade Court with vaulted ceilings look really nice.  Feels bigger than it actually is but for $640,000 is a lot for a condo.  You would be buying in the higher part of the condo market.

FranchisePlr said:

You had me at vaulted

To the model tour mobile!

I think I saw a detached in Woodbury resale for 630k upgraded.  Jade Court detached is inches apart to claim detached but feels attached.

Bowen Court I think? 

irvinehomeshopper said:

FranchisePlr said:

Cal Pac built Bowen Court at 6-1/2 ' apart. It is a detached condo just like Jade Court but without a parking space. Is it really better than Jade Court and how?
FranchisePlr said:
I think I saw a detached in Woodbury resale for 630k upgraded.  Jade Court detached is inches apart to claim detached but feels attached.

Bowen Court I think? 

irvinehomeshopper said:

FranchisePlr said:

Back