calling bkshopr...how are latest projects going?

<p>it's also a bit strange how when we walked into the original shop, the hostess asked us to try the new location, when there were available tables. i can see how if there is a line and no tables available, the hostess asking us if we want to try the new location, but to kind of high pressure trying to redirect us to go to the new location was a bit strange. they were doing this to every customer who walked through the door. no common sense there, seems like they are trying too hard. i was also surprised to see no lines at the original location. maybe the hype and excitement is fading, like CFC and Texas Holdem?</p>

I like the dim sum at Crystal Jade at Quail Hill Mall on the weekends. Food is good, no carts though, have to mark your order on a piece of paper. Ample parking.

<p>Ding Tai Fung is way way overrated and overpriced. Parking is awful and the service is medicore. The one time that I was there with my wife, they actually did not serve us with any dumplings after waiting for an hour because they used up all of the dumplings they made for a to-go order.</p>

<p>No carts? That ruins half the fun :) If we are getting dim sum, we usually go to San Gabriel Valley. </p>

<p> </p>

<a href="../../../account/261/">IrvineCommuter,</a>

I agree that SGV is where you should head to. We went to <a href="http://www.yelp.com/biz/new-capital-seafood-restaurants-san-gabriel#hrid:YBV2AnpLiP81ogwmTVrung/query:new%20capital">New Capital Seafood </a>last month for Dim Sum. The low prices ($1.80 - 2.30/dish) and good food makes you forget how ridiculously loud it was. There were at least 75 people in line when we left at 11am on a Sunday morning.

If you're looking for an "upscale" look and feel, there's alway <a href="http://www.yelp.com/biz/mission-261-restaurant-san-gabriel#hrid:x8EVA8pHSgU9bSLAfmSP3A/query:mission%20261">Mission 261</a>. The food is ok and I met some of the M.A.S.H. actors there (now retired of course).

The Ding Tai Feng restaurant here isn't as good as the ones in Asia. I recall eating at the Singapore branch and they charged me $1 SGD service fee for dining in. Uuuugh!

I cannot express enough happiness to see BK back.

The Arbor Village Center just had a new sign program approved and plans to invest in some renovations. They might even take down the "arbors". The place used to be a code enforcement nightmare with fluids from dumpsters running into the adjacent mobile home park and restaraunts throwing grease in the pond. A definite improvement looks like its on the way

<p>Asian businesses violate a lot of rules. Most are health and safety rules. The owner of Arbor is not TIC therefore enforcement and management are extremely weak. The place is dirty and the pond water stinks, its landscape berm area is full of filthy cigarette butts, finding a parking is tough but not as tough as avoiding the bumper car drivers. Good food at Taiko's, China Garden, Yogurt Land and Champion beef jerky so I overlook the short comings.</p>

What do you think of fieldstone homes located in turtle rock - concordia west. are they well built? what would you look for in a home inspection?

Back