California state income tax witholdings increase by 10% as of Nov. 1

SoCal78_IHB

<a href="http://www.whittierdailynews.com/news/ci_13663183">More California state income tax withheld from your paycheck come Nov. 1 </a>

<blockquote>"There's some perception that I've heard that this is a 10 percent tax increase ... that's absoslutely(sic) not the case," Palmer said. "This will, in no way shape or form, change anybody's tax liability. You owe what you owe." </blockquote>

Bull-oney pal, when you suck the cash out of the paycheck and send the tax return as an IOU that can't be cashed, it's a "tax".

You don't earn interest on withheld taxes, though you do get charged interest for lack of withholding (2210, and 2220 for you 1099 filers). That's a really nice bit of float big brother gets.

American Express and Warren Buffet have built empires off float...

Its not a tax increase.

Its a witholding increase.

Just increase your claimed number of dependents.

Problem solved.

[quote author="bltserv" date=1256878454]Its not a tax increase.

Problem solved.</blockquote>

What happens when they stop this?

It's also the way Paychex and ADP rakes in million$ each day as well. Wish I had this gig.

[quote author="bltserv" date=1256878454]Its not a tax increase.

Problem solved.</blockquote>

i did this at the beginning of the year, i would rather always cut the govt a check than get a refund. Why should i give them an interest free loan - i normally wouldnt care but since they are a bunch of idiots, this is one of the few ways i can get back at the govt for their stupidity.

Back