California Room

[quote author="MojoJD" date=1259053485][quote author="MojoJD" date=1259028025]Haha. My parents are debating adding on a California room to one of your Mahogany plan 3's. Thoughts, BK?</blockquote>

I'm still waiting to hear BK's take on california-room-izing one of his designs. :)</blockquote>

http://i50.tinypic.com/1zq4pzq.jpg

Not so easy unless the covered patio is only matching the width of the family room to exclude the bedroom. It would look the best if the depth matches and flush with the back of the tandem garage and entirely across the back of the house including the rear bedroom. The challenge is the rear bedroom already has its single story roof and there is no wall up above for the future roof to terminate. If your parents insist on doing it they can contact me for design consultation.

The roof would over shoot and block the master bedroom windows up above. However, to do it just across the family room would not only look awkward but also isolate the rear BR into a deep hole.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1259055499][quote author="MojoJD" date=1259053485][quote author="MojoJD" date=1259028025]Haha. My parents are debating adding on a California room to one of your Mahogany plan 3's. Thoughts, BK?</blockquote>

I'm still waiting to hear BK's take on california-room-izing one of his designs. :)</blockquote>

Not so easy unless the covered patio is only matching the width of the family room to exclude the bedroom. It would look the best if the depth matches and flush with the back of the tandem garage and entirely across the back of the house including the rear bedroom. The challenge is the rear bedroom already has its single story roof and there is no wall up above for the future roof to terminate. If your parents insist on doing it they can contact me for design consultation.

The roof would over shoot and block the master bedroom windows up above. However, to do it just across the family room would not only look awkward but also isolate the rear BR into a deep hole.</blockquote>

bk, mahogany was like 10 years ago, right? you were ahead of your time - its STILL a nice plan.

[quote author="sc fan" date=1259056276][quote author="bkshopr" date=1259055499][quote author="MojoJD" date=1259053485][quote author="MojoJD" date=1259028025]Haha. My parents are debating adding on a California room to one of your Mahogany plan 3's. Thoughts, BK?</blockquote>

The roof would over shoot and block the master bedroom windows up above. However, to do it just across the family room would not only look awkward but also isolate the rear BR into a deep hole.</blockquote>

bk, mahogany was like 10 years ago, right? you were ahead of your time - its STILL a nice plan.</blockquote>

The firm that I worked for years ago did it and I can't take credit for it. I still hate the token porch.

How did you do that Graph? reducing the floor plans.

The right answer is #6. Rule #1 for taking test: the longest phrase is usually the right answer.

2 of the above is a trick answer.

Will explain the answer later.

Back