Cafes open late (until 11pm or later)?

diulei_IHB

Anybody know of any cafes that are open until at least 11pm or so on weekdays? Usually if I have some sort of work that doesn't require lots of critical thinking (like brushing up a resume, website design, etc) I like to do it at a cafe every now and then. Therein lies the problem - OC is a suburban wonderland/hell depending on your perspective, and most non-alcoholic establishments close around 9 or 10. By the time I'm done with work + gym/school + dinner, etc. it's about 8:30 - 9:00. The local Starbucks (which I can thankfully walk to) closes at 10 on weekdays, 11 on weekends.

TeaStation in Irvine closes at 12, I believe, on weekdays, and I recently discovered Chaya in Costa Mesa which is open until 1AM. If anyone knows of any other cafe type places open relatively late (which might be suitable for reading, studying, light working, etc), post away!

the establishments at the diamond jamboree are open late but aren't suitable for lounging/working. there's dennys on sand canyon and the 5 freeway.

if you're close to uci, places at the university center and on campus itself are your best bet. the libraries at uci are open later and open to the public. (note: the academic yr doesn't start until late sept. in the meantime the libraries close at 5pm) theres also free wifi all around campus so you can also work from the student center and food courts. the center across the street caters to college students so some of those places are open late. in n out and lee's sandwiches are all open pretty late.

Back