Buying new carpet for the old Condo

penn1_IHB

Since I won't be able to afford a new house in the near future, anyone know a good place to buy replacement carpet without getting ripped off and without breaking the bank. I've heard of ordering directly from mills in Dalton, Georgia. Any one of you sages have experiences with this. Don't mean to turn this into a "construction" blog, but perhaps some of you are in the same boat as I am and can benefit from topics such as this. Thanks again.

Good Ol' Home Depot was the suggestion I got from an ol' carpet installer I know. They have a stock of very high quality carpet that they buy in bulk and then sell at much less. I got some of this carpet-- and I'm very happy with it.

I have had good experience with Home Depot as well. After getting several quotes from HD and several smaller independent shops, HD turned out to be the best value per sq ft. Since this was a couple of years ago, I don't have the exact numbers, but I do remember paying less than $350 per mid-size room in total (materials and installation) for a high quality loop style carpet with mid-grade padding (usually they price they lowest grade padding in their ads).

Back