Burntzilla

ps99472

burntzilla_zpse8dd01a7.jpg

http://www.yelp.com/biz/burntzilla-irvine

Open tomorrow!  Stopping by after my 5k tomorrow :)

Coup attached below or show it on your phone at:
http://www.shopirvinecompany.com/special-offers/

Attachments

• Special Offers.pdf
    52.6 KB · Views: 414
i tried this place. food is very good, but the price is a little steep for the quantity you get. the sliders seem even smaller than i remember from the truck. hadnt eaten at the truck in a while so my memory may be off.
each slider is $3. i hope it lasts.

qwerty said:
i tried this place. food is very good, but the price is a little steep for the quantity you get. the sliders seem even smaller than i remember from the truck. hadnt eaten at the truck in a while so my memory may be off.

Crowded?  What's the most expensive thing on the menu?  Wonder how many $3 sliders they have to sell to BE.

bones said:
qwerty said:

Crowded?  What's the most expensive thing on the menu?  Wonder how many $3 sliders they have to sell to BE.

i went right before closing and was able to walk up an order with no line. the place was full though as everyone was eating their food.  its a very limited menu, they have about 5 sliders each is $3, the hot dog sliders are also $3 and have about 4-5 different ones. then they have the loaded fries (carne asada, etc) for $4.50. regular tater tots/fries are $2.  their ice cream sandwiches are $3 if i remember correctly. that is the entire menu. when i drove by earlier in the day there was a long line though.

Finally tried this last week.

They were good like I remember from The Burnt Truck... and the different loaded tots were good (we had the Fried Chicken Bacon and the Carne Asada).

But it is expensive for what you get. My kids had 1 slider, 1 hot dog, tots and a drink for $9 each and they were still hungry.

I did like the Sloppy Joe slider though (I don't know anywhere in the OC you can get a Sloppy Joe).

And as qwerty said, the lack of indoor seating makes this a hard place to go at night when it's really cold outside.

Yeah as much as I want this place to survive I doubt it lasts more than two years. What will kill it is lack of indoor seating and value. Once the novelty wears off the downward spiral will start. I think if there was regular indoor seating (and more if it) they could overcome the lack of value. I don't like sitting elbow to elbow with people I dont know.

Bruxie's has more indoor seating and they are empty.

Never thought Wendy's would have more customers than Bruxies.

These fad food places need to be careful with their pricing. Part of me thinks that Burnt and Dogzilla should have probably just stayed as food trucks.

It's sad because many of the guys who own Burnt/Dog are Irvinites. For all I know... I've played ball with them once or twice back in the day.

The bruxie love affair is over? I haven't been there in ages.

Finally tried Burntzilla. It's pretty yum. Had the fried chicken slider and the carne asada fries. $8.50 for the two items. It filled me up but I'm tiny. Decent lunch crowd. Whites outnumber Asians.  The seating situation is rough. Hard to bring the family here. Also the seating isn't conducive to cold or hot weather.  I hope it survives but the food pricing/location/seating won't make me a repeat customer.  It would do better at the spectrum IMO. 

irvinehomeowner said:
Bruxie's has more indoor seating and they are empty.

yeah but bruxies is more of a niche with everything being wrapped in a waffle. burntzilla is more traditional type food. they should just switch locations.

irvinehomeowner said:
I don't know anywhere in the OC you can get a Sloppy Joe

I nearly spat my drink out. I thought TI was way too fobby to ever see these words here. I'm kind of impressed that you even know what one is, Iho. If you ever get a craving, look no further than your own kitchen. Very easy and good. My kids are always asking me to make these again. In fact, I have the ingredients in my icebox right now. I'll be making them tomorrow night.

SoCal's Sloppy Joes

Olive oil
Half a red onion, chopped
Half a green bell pepper, chopped
1 lb. ground turkey
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1/2 C. honey bbq sauce (Kroger or other store brand preferred because they are sweeter)
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 C. water
8 hamburger buns
cheese, optional

Drizzle a large skillet with olive oil. Heat to medium-high. Add turkey, onion, and pepper. Break up turkey into crumbles. Cook until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Stir in tomato sauce, bbq sauce, seasonings, and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally. Serve in buns. Top with cheese if desired.

:)

I better keep my eyes peeled. Next thing I know: TI be like, "Where can I get some Scrapple?"  :D Probably nobody will get this.

Scrapple is weird. But I like Spam so I would probably eat it.

Sloppy Joe is even easier to make than your recipe... there is a powder mix and even the Manwich line of products. But the point is I don't want to cook it... esp if I'm the only one eating it.

DELICIOUS!!!
This place is amazing! Fried chicken slider...party in my mouth :) Also the tots will rock your socks off!

1F691E58-25FE-4978-BE9F-1680065C97F4_zpsjgyrqrvp.jpg

6731D947-85AC-494C-8076-EC920B4D0170_zpshcggceeg.jpg

9DCE715E-4A7D-4C73-8860-C02A1A9022A2_zpscrrgb88f.jpg

74B10940-CB0D-4FF9-8672-16B17F5FC6CF_zpsbdod7epf.jpg

Got it to go, over $30 for above, used my 99%er coupon to make it $28.  My daughter likes the cheeseburger, have to remember to ask for no grilled onions next time.  The sloppy joe is ok, probably won't get it again.  Spicy chili dog is also just average.  Wife and I really enjoyed the Yaki dogs, spicy pork sausage has a really good snap and is bigger than the beef dogs.  Best bang for the buck here.

I stopped by around 12:30pm and the restaurant wasn't full. The parking lot on the other hand was a zoo. I tried the cheese burger slider, dogzilla, and carne asada tots. The slider was mediocre but I enjoyed the dogzilla and tots. I'm willing to try it again and maybe choose some other items.

You gotta try the yaki zillas, best bang for the buck.  You got carb on carb and a pork sausage with snap.

Back