Burger Thread

I haven't been in a few years, but Paul Martin's at the Spectrum had the best cheeseburger hands down I've had anywhere. It used to be around $12, but I think so many people would order it compared to their otherwise less than memorable more expensive entrees, they raised the price every year to the point it's now $20+, and there's often a wait. So, not worth the hassle most of the time (hence why I haven't been back). But if you don't mind the wait, they make their own patties, everything is fresh, and overall it's the platonic ideal of a cheeseburger.

As for less expensive and more convenient options, Hopdoddy and Mooya are both pretty good. I don't love The Cut. The Stand was fine but not memorable to me. Wendy's really isn't bad at all for fast food, I like that they don't freeze their patties, you can taste the difference.

I haven't been in a few years, but Paul Martin's at the Spectrum had the best cheeseburger hands down I've had anywhere. It used to be around $12, but I think so many people would order it compared to their otherwise less than memorable more expensive entrees, they raised the price every year to the point it's now $20+, and there's often a wait. So, not worth the hassle most of the time (hence why I haven't been back). But if you don't mind the wait, they make their own patties, everything is fresh, and overall it's the platonic ideal of a cheeseburger.

As for less expensive and more convenient options, Hopdoddy and Mooya are both pretty good. I don't love The Cut. The Stand was fine but not memorable to me. Wendy's really isn't bad at all for fast food, I like that they don't freeze their patties, you can taste the difference.
During Happy Hour you can get the Paul Martin Burger + a glass of Sangria for $17:

I ate some hammer burger in Santa Ana yesterday. It was ok. I think Gourmade is still better.

Why? I felt the hammer burger was kinda small vs. peters gourmade. .....however it is a smash burger so ....i guess it was suppose to be that way.

With rising fast food wages, you might pay similar prices for lunch at sit-down restaurants like Chili's. $10 for double patty burger combo with fries and soup or salad:

Applebee's has the Bacon burger with fries for $9.99.

Just saw that Costco will have Bacon Cheeseburgers in the ready made section. Hopefully it makes it's way over here for us to try.

Did you mean Chili's? Their burger is decent... as are their chips and queso.
Chilis normally has good lunch deals and if you have the app they always have a free appetizer or dessert with the purchase of an entree.

Red Robin has a good kids special on Wednesday. With the purchase of an entree you can get up to 4 kids meal at 50% off.

I know this is a burger thread, but that buffalo chicken ranch sandwich at Chili’s fills my dreams at night…🤤
IMG_2254.jpeg

I went to Applebee's and ordered the "whole lotta bacon burger" for $10. There's a wide selection of sides, some premium ones cost $2 extra. Like the title says the burger does indeed have fair amount of bacon added. Both quality and quantity is acceptable, if you don't want beef you can opt for grilled chicken. You can even order with lettuce wrap instead of buns like in and Out:

Lots of options to play with. Considering the rising prices at local fast food places, I think it's a better deal than going to Carl's Jr.

Back