Built-in Desk Recommendations

kubert13

I need some recommendations for someone to build/install a built in desk. I didnt use the builder upgrades because it was so overpriced.

I know Homer and bones discussed something similar in the "Media Niches" thread, but I thought I would start a new one since that thread was old.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

When I was doing my kitchen remodel through Home Depot, the designer said they often do desk areas, linen cabinets, etc. The cabinets are versatile. Even in the manufacturer catalogue it shows them being used for office, laundry, mudroom, kitchen, etc. The only thing you want to watch out for is countertop material. Some, like Corian, have a $900 minimum order currently. Keep your options open or if you're planning to do other surfaces in the future, you should order it at the same time and store it away so that you don't pay twice later.

SoCal78 said:
When I was doing my kitchen remodel through Home Depot, the designer said they often do desk areas, linen cabinets, etc. The cabinets are versatile. Even in the manufacturer catalogue it shows them being used for office, laundry, mudroom, kitchen, etc. The only thing you want to watch out for is countertop material. Some, like Corian, have a $900 minimum order currently. Keep your options open or if you're planning to do other surfaces in the future, you should order it at the same time and store it away so that you don't pay twice later.

Thanks SoCal! I'm not sure if I want an expensive countertop material. I might be satisfied with just the stained wood top. I'll have to see how much the quote would be first. I'll see what HD offers...

Any updates on the built in desk? I'm also looking add some built ins including built in desks and custom entertainment console. Has anyone used Cabinets Plus or Cabinets Etc.

Back