Brookfield Residential - Good or Bad?

eastdistrict

I've been checking out model homes and one in Portola Springs caught my eye. I looked up the builder (Brookfield Residential) and they seem to get trashed in reviews, although mainly in properties outside of Orange County (some were in Virginia and other states).

Has anyone had any experience with Brookfield Residential properties? If so, could you offer up your opinion?

I am in the middle of buying a Brookfield home in Irvine.  So far, I am having a great experience with the company.  The sales and design team are very friendly and they keep you updated on things on a regular basis.  Their website is nice with uploaded photos of construction in progress. 

Only complaint that I have is that some of them are not very knowledgeable and detailed on certain items.  But So far, I am very satisfied with the process.  We'll see about the quality of the homes once it's completed.  Overall, thumbs up for me:)

I bought a Brookfield condo in 2005.  Quality actually seemed above average to me.  Insulation between walls was amazing.  The neighbor's would come over and apologize saying their kids were crying or yelling, we seriously couldn't hear a thing.  I mean maybe if it was completely quiet and you listen really hard you could hear a kid yelling very muffled, but this is something you would never notice in everyday life.

I would say go for it.

Previously had Brookfield home, it was a very good experience.  Sales staff usually moves from developer to developer, but customer service post close of escrow was attentive and responded quickly. 

Have a brookfield home now. So far so good, no major issues, knock on wood. The soil movements are causing cracks here and there. Then again, that's normal for any home.

Back