Bringing Dogs into the Food Court Fails

icey

We all love dogs but I noticed people are taking them everywhere now. Today there were 3 sets of dogs and one of them took a leak on the trash can, leaving a nice puddle all over the floor.

That's so insanitary! Have some respect and think about people around you who are putting things into their mouths and would not like to take the chance that there is pet dander or fluids all over eating areas !

This other guy was playing fetch with the ball and throwing it in between tables ! Very cute but not in the food court !!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

iacrenter said:
Not a surprise. People all over California are abusing the privilege of owning a dog. Apparently some are buying fake vests for their pooches to indicate they are service dogs. Thus they can "legally" bring them into any business due to protections from the Americans with Disabilities Act. Very sad.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-capitol-business-beat-20140303,0,1607406.story#axzz2vQz1uBLL
Yeah... I see that once in a while... what kind of service dog is a toy poodle or a chihuahua? I think I heard one lady who was being questioned say that her tiny dog was a "therapy dog" (which isn't covered by Cali's "service" dog designation).

The other sneak-in is the dog in the purse... okay Paris Hilton.

irvinehomeowner said:
iacrenter said:
Not a surprise. People all over California are abusing the privilege of owning a dog. Apparently some are buying fake vests for their pooches to indicate they are service dogs. Thus they can "legally" bring them into any business due to protections from the Americans with Disabilities Act. Very sad.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-capitol-business-beat-20140303,0,1607406.story#axzz2vQz1uBLL
Yeah... I see that once in a while... what kind of service dog is a toy poodle or a chihuahua? I think I heard one lady who was being questioned say that her tiny dog was a "therapy dog" (which isn't covered by Cali's "service" dog designation).

The other sneak-in is the dog in the purse... okay Paris Hilton.

ive used the service dog line before. the first day i got one of my pups i took her to target, she was about 13 weeks old, went to get some supplies that i forgot. there was a person by the door, she says, "sir - we dont allow dogs in the store" - i said, "she is a service dog" and kept on walking. the then the person didnt know what to say. she was clearly a puppy and no service vest on.

bones said:
which food court?

Across the street from South Coast Plaza, Bristol and Sunflower

Maybe Santa Ana/Costa Mesa cops got better things to do but Irvine PD would have swooped down on the place with 5 squad cars, SWAT snipers, and ironically a K-9 unit lol

iacrenter said:

Thanks for the article and I think I have actually witnessed this, when an owner of a dog with a vest was letting everyone stop by and pet the dog and seemed to enjoy the attention. Most service dog owners I have witnessed usually discourage attention towards the animal. Maybe someone else has more experiences with this than me but that's always been what I have seen.

Owners of true service dogs are very protective of their animals because they depend on them to keep them out of danger. A guide dog, for example is responsible for safely navigating his owner around.

Service dogs "on the clock" should not be petted because it distracts them and keeps them from doing their jobs. "Awww he's so sweet, did he find the Al Queda bomb today?" lol

Wish we have a food court like that here, Cuban, Japanese, Viet, Peruvian, Greek, and a very good coffee shop in the front. 

Back