BMW ultimate drive event

OCgasman

Got an email to test drive beemers against the competition from Irvine BMW.  Got the same email from Crevier awhile back.  Has anyone gone to this?  Says $1000 towards lease/purchase, which sounds like a bunch a bs, I'm sure I could negotiate that into any lease/purchase.  Just sounds like fun to test drive against the competition if I was bored and had nothing else to do.

I will be going to it... just for fun. 

We bought our X5 from Crevier and got the same email. 

Recently traded in the GT3 for a Lexus... man... felt like a part of me died.

OCgasman said:
Got an email to test drive beemers against the competition from Irvine BMW.  Got the same email from Crevier awhile back.  Has anyone gone to this?  Says $1000 towards lease/purchase, which sounds like a bunch a bs, I'm sure I could negotiate that into any lease/purchase.  Just sounds like fun to test drive against the competition if I was bored and had nothing else to do.

Actually legit...it's kinda of like a coupon for you to go into the dealership.  You actually can't get the discount otherwise. 

OCgasman said:

Not sure if these coupons work in the same way as MBZ, but MBZ had similar events in the past and the coupon says may be combined with other offers, and is in addition to price negotiated.  So I went to the dealers years ago, negotiated with them hard for 2.5 hours, got them down $3500 off window and at the end, pulled out the coupon ($1500) and told him I have employee discount from my company ($1500).  The manager's face turned to stone as if I had just robbed him.  Got a pretty sweet deal on that C230.

H        O        M        E        R said:

Say it isn't so...... :'(

USCTrojanCPA said:

Bought a LX570.... This thing is a beast! Family comes first  :p

USCTrojanCPA said:

Bought a LX570.... This thing is a beast! Family comes first  :p
You can 4x4 over my GT3 with it....if you can catch me.  :p

I think these were targeted emails, but it seems like anyone can sign up, but I'm not sure.  Anyway, you can call this number to try to sign up.  Apparently Irvine BMW will match the $1000 for a total savings of $2000 during the month of June only.

1-888-285-4061

Is $2K off a BMW sticker a big deal?  On other makes the starting point is usually "invoice", which is still a profitable sales price on most cars due to manufacturer incentives, such as hold backs.  A buddy of mine did some research, got the local dealers to compete with each other via email, and walked away with an all-options Nissan Titan for around $500 over invoice.  Good, but still not great.

If you aren't paying close to invoice for a BMW you are overpaying.  Close as in $250-$500
Depends on the model and the demand.  For a newly redesigned model like '14 M3 or X5, major discounts are going to be tough for awhile.  For other vehicles that have been out for over a year, less than $1000 over invoice is fair.

I'll take the Volvo Self-Parking car. It will come pick you up when you're ready.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vER59znNjg&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Back