BMW Euro Delivery

Paris167

Has anyone done a Euro Delivery here? If so what car did you pick up and care to share any interesting places you visited during the Euro Delivery?
Any places that are a MUST SEE in Europe that you guys really enjoyed?

Last Euro Delivery we did, picked up a BMW 335i coupe and visited Milan, Amalfi coast, Monte Carlo and Switzerland.

Paris said:
Has anyone done a Euro Delivery here? If so what car did you pick up and care to share any interesting places you visited during the Euro Delivery?
Any places that are a MUST SEE in Europe that you guys really enjoyed?

Last Euro Delivery we did, picked up a BMW 335i coupe and visited Milan, Amalfi coast, Monte Carlo and Switzerland.

So your retiring your Fast and Furious Racing car?  :D

FARMMMMMIE said:
Did an ED for my e92 M3 in 2010. Had a blast!

Are you looking for destinations with a fun drive or just scenic?

Do you have recommendations for both scenic and fun? I remember driving through Swiss alps - really fun!

Paris, are you a BMW CCA member?

For those of you purchase or lease BMW regularly, a $50 annual membership due can save you $250-$1500 on you next new or certified pre-own BMW. The rebate is from BMW NA and that's in additional to the negotiated discount you receive from the dealer. 
https://www.bmwcca.org/vehicle_rebate
After one complete year of membership in the club, you may be eligible for anywhere between $250.00 to $1,500.00 cash back on the purchase or lease of a new or certified pre-owned BMW! This Corporate Rebate Program is offered to our members by BMW of North America.

Paris said:
FARMMMMMIE said:
Did an ED for my e92 M3 in 2010. Had a blast!

Are you looking for destinations with a fun drive or just scenic?

Do you have recommendations for both scenic and fun? I remember driving through Swiss alps - really fun!
Take it to Spa and the Ring for some hot laps.  ;)

lnc said:

For those of you purchase or lease BMW regularly, a $50 annual membership due can save you $250-$1500 on you next new or certified pre-own BMW. The rebate is from BMW NA and that's in additional to the negotiated discount you receive from the dealer. 
After one complete year of membership in the club, you may be eligible for anywhere between $250.00 to $1,500.00 cash back on the purchase or lease of a new or certified pre-owned BMW! This Corporate Rebate Program is offered to our members by BMW of North America.

No we're not members and we do love BMW - looking at your link we can get a $1000 rebate on the vehicle - I'll have my husband look into it. Thanks for the info!!  :D

Paris said:
lnc said:

No we're not members and we do love BMW - looking at your link we can get a $1000 rebate on the vehicle - I'll have my husband look into it. Thanks for the info!!  :D

I think someone on TI can get you a better discount. That knows how to deal/negotiate.

Did a Europe tour by BMW but not with the Euro Delivery program. MUST SEE Europe is misnomer. I guess I didn't visit the Eiffel tower or Big Ben but still loved Europe. You really can't go wrong just about anywhere there.

Paris said:
lnc said:

Just remember you have to be a member for 12 month prior to be qualify for the rebate and if you are getting a car soon then it will not work.  But it is a very good rebate program if you can plan ahead.  I've used this rebate for my last 3 BMW.

Have fun with your next BMW and Euro delivery.

And no discussion of what car you are getting next Paris?

I'd love to do ED.  Sounds like a great opportunity.  How is the two months of waiting while it's sitting in a container getting shipped home?  Full of suspense?

Coleman said:
And no discussion of what car you are getting next Paris?

I'd love to do ED.  Sounds like a great opportunity.  How is the two months of waiting while it's sitting in a container getting shipped home?  Full of suspense?

I can't discuss those details to remain somewhat anonymous.
ED is a great opportunity

qwerty - you get a 7% rebate off of your new vehicle to do ED which you can use towards your trip
You get to visit the BMW museum, watch the cars be built at the factory, they have this amazing facility where you take delivery of your new car and the experience of driving on the autobahn and throughout Europe in this new machine is amazing. I remember on our last ED we took the car to 140 MPH on the autobahn. Didn't want to push it too much with it being so brand new but how exhilarating!

It takes about 2 months to be built to your exact specifications and then after you drop off it took about 8 weeks to ship back to the US. But it was worth the wait for the life experience.

If you haven't done it I HIGHLY recommend it. Most of the European manufacturers offer Euro delivery. BMW also completely 100% insures the vehicle during your time with it there for free.

Bullsback said:
So you get 7% rebate but what is cost to ship back (or do they actually cover that as well)?

It's up to 7% off, for example you'd get less off a 3 series compared to a 7 series but still it's a significant savings. And to ship back is covered and free. They also give you 15 days of 100% insurance on your new car while in Europe so if you total your car they'll give you a brand new one or fix whatever damages you incur during the trip. They also provide one night hotel accomodations, a free trip to the BMW museum etc. It's meant to enhance loyalty within the brand so all these european manufacturers feels it is well worth their investment. And it's true, once you go through the experience you truly connect with that brand of vehicle.

That is good to know...if one day I decide to stop being such a cheapo and move into a German auto, I would definitely do this (and time it with a well planned euro vacation). 

Back