BlackVault's Blog Site

I know you love black and it fits the theme but I find the black with white print a bit crazy to read. Otherwise, good for you and thanks for the site!

[quote author="tmare" date=1233414562]I know you love black and it fits the theme but I find the black with white print a bit crazy to read. Otherwise, good for you and thanks for the site!</blockquote>

I know, that is something I thought about myself. I like black websites regardless, but they can be a strain on the eyes. Something i'm still evaluating.

Sweet! Another blog to read! F*ck sleeping when you have so many great blogs. Oh... wait... you mean I need time to place trades to make money from the blogs I read...

Anyway, love the idea, but you do need to make it easier on the eyes. Let me know if you want me to come by Peets one day to help show you around blogspot and work on the design. Looking forward to reading it when it does not blind me. :coolcheese:

Ok. Two is enough already. I flipped things to white, however I'll have to work on it some more. Graph, would love to meet and work on this. I'll buy lunch too.

Does anybody know if an affiliate program like commission junction is worthwhile? I was recommened using them, but then read some items that their conversion rates are really bad.

Anybody know anything regarding this or another way to get advertising?

[quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1233729045]Does anybody know if an affiliate program like commission junction is worthwhile? I was recommened using them, but then read some items that their conversion rates are really bad.

Anybody know anything regarding this or another way to get advertising?</blockquote>

This isn't an answer to the question you just asked, but is another potential avenue to make money off of stock picks. Have you checked out <a href="http://www.kaching.com">Ka-Ching</a>? If you build a decent following, <a href="http://www.kaching.com/kaching#about_earn">you have the potential to earn more than you will through any blog-advertising.</a>

[quote author="WINEX" date=1233730235][quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1233729045]Does anybody know if an affiliate program like commission junction is worthwhile? I was recommened using them, but then read some items that their conversion rates are really bad.

Anybody know anything regarding this or another way to get advertising?</blockquote>

This isn't an answer to the question you just asked, but is another potential avenue to make money off of stock picks. Have you checked out <a href="http://www.kaching.com">Ka-Ching</a>? If you build a decent following, <a href="http://www.kaching.com/kaching#about_earn">you have the potential to earn more than you will through any blog-advertising.</a></blockquote>

Cool. I'll check it out. Thank you.

BlackVault, thanks for blog. It's fun to learn from an experience trader sharing his setups in real time and in an environment like this.

Is the wordpress version a failed experiment?

I'm trying to learn something new myself. The whole web advertising side of business. So far it's been fun and I've learned a lot and continue to learn. Vic has been a fantastic in his advice.

Wordpress is nice, but doesn't allow advertising so I abandoned it. Eventually, once I get about 1K visitors a day, I'll go ahead and start hosting it on blackvaultcm.com and hire a web programmer to come up with something solid.

Right now this is just play and learning.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1233944221][quote author="samuroo" date=1233943049]You mind sharing what you've learned?</blockquote>

Not to listen to Panda.</blockquote>

C'mon Graph, cut me some slack.

I will admit that was wrong with the Asian equities in 2008. I read Peter Schiff's book and it really seemed to make sense to me that Asia was going to take off while the U.S.'s economy heads for recession. I still think it is going to happen in the future (2-3 years), but i think Peter's timing was way off. I believe all his clients are also down about 35 - 40% from '08. So yes, if it feeds your pride, Panda was wrong on recommending FXI in '08. Happy?

[quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1233729045]Does anybody know if an affiliate program like commission junction is worthwhile? I was recommened using them, but then read some items that their conversion rates are really bad.

BV, CJ is very expensive but much cheaper than LinkShare. I think I paid about $2250 to setup up with a $3000 deposit for commissions. I don't know if it would make sense for you spend this much money to promote your blog? CJ is profitable is you are trying to promote products with good margins. You should take a look into ShareaSale.com. The network is much smaller but the setup fees are not that expensive.

-Good luck.

Hmm...maybe i'm missing something. I didnt have any setup fees or deposits for commissions. Maybe you're talking from the advertisers point of view. I'm the publisher.

[quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1233971203]Hmm...maybe i'm missing something. I didnt have any setup fees or deposits for commissions. Maybe you're talking from the advertisers point of view. I'm the publisher.</blockquote>

Sorry BV. you are right, my bad. I'm the guy paying out commission and you are the guy collecting commission. :)

Back