Black Friday

Has anybody ever done the whole thing like hanging around the store at night to be the first in line? If you have, which store?

I never shop on Black Friday because I don't like the crowds, but I'm kind of jealous of all the great deals I keep hearing about year after year, so I'm thinking maybe I should go this time...

[quote author="blackacre-seeker" date=1227279741]Has anybody ever done the whole thing like hanging around the store at night to be the first in line? If you have, which store?

I never shop on Black Friday because I don't like the crowds, but I'm kind of jealous of all the great deals I keep hearing about year after year, so I'm thinking maybe I should go this time...</blockquote>

There is a real easy way to take advantage of the sales and not have to battle the masses. It only works at places with price guarantees, or on purchases made with credit cards with price protection.

Simply browse the Black Friday ads leaked before the sales and identify things you want to buy. Then go to the stores (again, price protection is a must) next week BEFORE the Black Friday sales. Return for your price match the day after Black Friday.

No battling masses of people. No worries about items you want being sold out. And it gives you the ability to take advantage of more than one stores sales.

[quote author="blackacre-seeker" date=1227279741]Has anybody ever done the whole thing like hanging around the store at night to be the first in line? If you have, which store?

I never shop on Black Friday because I don't like the crowds, but I'm kind of jealous of all the great deals I keep hearing about year after year, so I'm thinking maybe I should go this time...</blockquote>
I've done this before. Honestly, it used to be a lot better. The deals aren't as good as they used to be. With some work and patience, you can find similar deals pretty regularly. Just keep your eye on sites like Fatwallet and Slickdeals.

Another way to get in on these deals is to browse their website on Thanksgiving. Sometimes the stores put the same deals online the night before.

Back