Bikram Yoga Irvine is Now Open!

<strong>Bikram Yoga Irvine is Now Open!</strong>

Hey folks, there is a new Bikram Yoga studio open just off Jeffrey and Roosevelt. Check them out at: <http://www.bikramyogairvine.com>.

Has anybody gone there already? I wonder what the room temperature is there, I've been going to Laguna Beach Bikram and their temperature has become untolerably high lately...

[quote author="blackacre-seeker" date=1231164582]Has anybody gone there already? I wonder what the room temperature is there, I've been going to Laguna Beach Bikram and their temperature has become untolerably high lately...</blockquote>

I've been going there almost every other day since they opened just before Christmas. The temp is pretty good for me - it helps to warm up quick since its been relatively cold outside recently. Also, I like to think the extra heat is burning off more fat :)

So I gave Bikram Yoga - Irvine a try. I had never tried this type before so it was interesting. For those of you who have practiced Bikram before, is it typical for the instructor to not do the poses along with the students? It was an interesting experience - challenging class. I struggled and had to take a short break but I made it through. It was nice to sweat that much and not care! It's worth giving a try and I have to say that the specials they have going on right now are great deals. There were about 30 people in the class and there was plenty of room.

[quote author="ohnelly" date=1232936465]So I gave Bikram Yoga - Irvine a try. I had never tried this type before so it was interesting. For those of you who have practiced Bikram before, is it typical for the instructor to not do the poses along with the students? It was an interesting experience - challenging class. I struggled and had to take a short break but I made it through. It was nice to sweat that much and not care! It's worth giving a try and I have to say that the specials they have going on right now are great deals. There were about 30 people in the class and there was plenty of room.</blockquote>

Good for you for hanging in there and making it though the class!!

With the Bikram method you listen and you do - the main skill of the instructor is speaking non-stop for 90 minutes! They sometimes tell you in class to follow the people practising in the first row who are usually Bikram instructors who are required to attend 1 class per day to keep their license (or so I have heard). I've had only one instructor ever before who practised while talking non-stop for 90 minutes - it was unbelievable the energy level in that woman! You will find some instructors demonstrate specific poses during the breaks in-between - they are usually the better ones to learn from...

Good luck and keep it up!

[quote author="crucialtaunt" date=1231139062]FYI - Bikram Yoga Irvine has many deeply discounted deals available - my favorite happens to be 50 classes for $250, i.e. $5 per class - un-effin'-believable! They also have a monthly unlimited lifetime rate for $99/month. More details at http://www.bikramyogairvine.com.</blockquote>

I<span style="color: blue;"> just wanted to remind everyone that the opening sale at <a href="http://www.bikramyogairvine.com">Bikram Yoga Irvine </a>ends tomorrow 1/31/09...</span>

Some of their deeply discounted deals are:

$250 for 50 classes ($5 per class - my favorite!)

$99 per month monthly lifetime rate (crazy cheap if you go every day or every other day - it amounts to less than $5 per class!)

I've been attending classes since they first opened and it's a great facility. Everyone should check it out. I started doing Bikram last year and am addicted. Regardless if you join the cult, it's quite a challenge to do...even just once for the heck of it. :)

[quote author="bams" date=1233681322]I started doing Bikram last year and am addicted. Regardless if you join the cult, it's quite a challenge to do...even just once for the heck of it. :)</blockquote>

I agree the workout there is addictive, but I've heard from marathoners/runners and bikers that it enhances their recovery if they end their runs/bike rides with a Bikram session. I guess the other way could work too, i.e. start with Bikram yoga (deep/sweaty/stretch/warm up) then off to a long run or bike ride. Has anyone tried either one of these?

I was running about 15-20 miles / week and went to Bikram on Sundays. It really helped me keep my legs, hips and back loose

[quote author="crucialtaunt" date=1235292191]So... what's the verdict on Bikram Yoga? Has anyone else tried it? Love it? Hate it?</blockquote>

Ha Ha What a dead thread!!

But seriously, is no one exercising anymore, or just don't want to talk about it?

$5/class is a pretty good deal. On Jeffrey & Roosevelt? That's where the Tri-Village restaurant is right? I bet that didn't help business much. I guess I should take advantage of the yoga classes that are included in my LA Fitness membership before I go signing up for a la carte options outside of my Woodbury bubble. I don't think LA Fitness yoga classes are bikram though... they definitely do keep the place a bit warm for my tastes though.

[quote author="NewToOC" date=1236669204]$5/class is a pretty good deal. On Jeffrey & Roosevelt? That's where the Tri-Village restaurant is right? I bet that didn't help business much. I guess I should take advantage of the yoga classes that are included in my LA Fitness membership before I go signing up for a la carte options outside of my Woodbury bubble. I don't think LA Fitness yoga classes are bikram though... they definitely do keep the place a bit warm for my tastes though.</blockquote>

Hi - This one is in the new commercial development on the north west side of Jeffrey/Roosevelt (enter on Roosevelt). This Bikram place like others has hot yoga at about 115 degrees - definitely takes some getting used to, but ultimately very rewarding. You can try the $29/two week unlimited trial promotion (and bring a friend for free) and give it a try...

Back