Beverly by Brookfield at Eastwood

AW said:
It's more like people keep buying... and then developers start to maximize profit and see what they can get away with.  small garage, small bedrooms, small lots, zero lots, motorcourts, etc.

All for over a cool $1 million. It's crazy what you can get outside of Irvine with that price point

Apparently homes like Morro, Beverly and Avila around $1.5 M are not moving.  No way prices on these homes are going up.  There are only less than 3 pages review on this website, when compares to Piedmont and Petaluma with over 10 pages review.

LA168 said:
Apparently homes like Morro, Beverly and Avila around $1.5 M are not moving.  No way prices on these homes are going up.  There are only less than 3 pages review on this website, when compares to Piedmont and Petaluma with over 10 pages review.

Unfortunately, builders know that people that want to live in Irvine in a detached SFR with over 2500 sf with a real driveway will NEED to pay between $1.5MM and $2MM.  Only if you have over $2MM to spend can you get a trophy property with decent lot and views in Irvine or elsewhere.  That is the current reality of Irvine Real Estate. 

AA said:
LA168 said:

Unfortunately, builders know that people that want to live in Irvine in a detached SFR with over 2500 sf with a real driveway will NEED to pay between $1.5MM and $2MM.  Only if you have over $2MM to spend can you get a trophy property with decent lot and views in Irvine or elsewhere.  That is the current reality of Irvine Real Estate.

#TRUTH

>Half of Beverly and Morro inventory in the phases 1-2 are still available.  Supply in the >$1.5 million is having a real difficult time these days.  Big Chinese $$ drying up.

Property between $1.3m - $2m are currently the slowest sales.

Too many choices and smaller buyers pool.  But i can see some incentive coming from the builder for these home. 

Zippohunter said:
Not always true.  Vistas and Altair selling well.

I won?t say they are selling that well at the moment.  After the grand opening Vistas barely budged past 2 additional phases with many available lots especially Alta Vista. 

Goriot said:
Zippohunter said:

I won?t say they are selling that well at the moment.  After the grand opening Vistas barely budged past 2 additional phases with many available lots especially Alta Vista.

To be fair, the remaining homes at alta are 3.5-4+. Add upgrades and you're talking about prices that few can afford. Compare to first phase at 2.5-2.7. They have sold out almost all the non-view homes and can take their time with the remaining lots.

RE: Vistas

I?d call it expensive, but I personally wouldn?t call it overpriced, considering the views are some of the best in Irvine IMO. A house on the other side of Irvine of the same size could cost you $1.5-2 million more, and you'd get a house that you?d have to completely redo to bring up-to-date. Just my $.02

Rtlguru said:
Goriot said:
Zippohunter said:

To be fair, the remaining homes at alta are 3.5-4+. Add upgrades and you're talking about prices that few can afford. Compare to first phase at 2.5-2.7. They have sold out almost all the non-view homes and can take their time with the remaining lots.

Alta has jumped that much?  What phase are they in?

irvineboy said:
Rtlguru said:
Goriot said:
Zippohunter said:

Not exactly sure, but I do know that the remaining lots left to sell are on the single-lined street at the top of the community. Every lot they will release until build-out will have a view, which accounts for the jump in price.

Villager said:
irvineboy said:
Rtlguru said:
Goriot said:
Zippohunter said:

Not exactly sure, but I do know that the remaining lots left to sell are on the single-lined street at the top of the community. Every lot they will release until build-out will have a view, which accounts for the jump in price.
They have 32 homes left to release including models.  Released 65 or so, sold most and have 7 available.

Beverly has decided to move away from zero lot lines. They are redoing all the models to reflect this by adding a retaining wall between each home. All lots in phase 1/2 also have the retaining wall added between lots. This could help their sales as according to their sales office, they have only sold 4 units. While their competitors are on phase 4/5.

You just don?t do a zero lot line home at this price point.

And only 4 untit sold since the grand opening, this is the worst sales I?ve aware of in recent years. 

It?s a good call for them to get rid of it but the initial poor sale might just kills the sale momentum.

lnc said:
You just don?t do a zero lot line home at this price point.

Brookfield has been known to push the envelope.  Remember La Vita?  Who would have thought people would pay $2.8 million for a motor court home!

Back