Better Location for Resale in Irvine

Irvinecommuter said:
Mety said:
If money is not your issue, then yeah PP is great. Definitely better looking and different from cookie cutters.
But I just don't see it worth to pay $10000 MR whereas TIC homes have lower MR around $3000-4000. I think this plays a role when resale also as the OP asked.

CV SFH especially ones more towards Trabuco are farther away from the freeway so it's kinda safe in term of 'environmental hazards' as long as it's not backing Sand Canyon.

CV has also Roosevelt running right through it.  Traffic in that area going to the Jeffrey side is also crazy.

Woo. Then I guess EW wins again.

Burn That Belly said:
Some kid died getting run over on Roosevelt a couple years back.

Pavilion Park has large lots but the biggest downside is not only the exorbitant MR it?s the inconvenient and dangerous  access to nearby shopping such as WTC. Kids who ride bikes and want to venture out like normal will have to get on Irvine Blvd and ride across the 133fwy. Anyone who hasn?t actually ridden a bike in this area doesn?t know wtf I?m talking about. The bike lines disappear there and I wouldn?t trust no kid riding their bikes there, even with CV a kid still got killed. 

EW is great because they built underground access to JOST. Kids don?t need to physically get in the bike lane. They can stay on the trail or the sidewalk to get to WTC or NW plaza. Leave the bike lane to adults or more experienced riders.

Lastly, EW has one of the lowest MR of all TIC products probably second lowest to CVE by just a few hundred bucks a year, zoned to the best high school without all the cons of CVE. Actually, EW is probably cheaper than CVE because EW?s Hoa for detached and SFH is only $125 but if I recall, even Trellis Court, you gotta pay for both HOA fees at $252.

EW is overpriced for all these reasons. No one will sell you a new Mercedes at a Honda price. One cannot obviously be dumb enough to think that Honda can charge $50 grand for an Accord and people will swallow that. No that?s the BMW/Mercedes terroritory. TIC knows this and so do their customers.

A lot of the pricing has to do with the fact that it came after Stonegate.  Builders didn't want to undercut themselves so they kept raising prices. 

Maserson said:
Original question was about re-sale. If you prioritize actually living there, I'd pick PP easily.

I actually don't like PP that much.  I'm not a yard person and everything is way too spread out for me.  Streets are also ultra confusing. 

Irvinecommuter said:
Maserson said:
Original question was about re-sale. If you prioritize actually living there, I'd pick PP easily.

Streets are also ultra confusing. 

This is such a dumb comment and provides zero value to the OP. Streets are confusing bc you probably don?t live there. 

bones said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Maserson said:

This is such a dumb comment and provides zero value to the OP. Streets are confusing bc you probably don?t live there.

It's not about the OP...it was in response to this statement:

If you prioritize actually living there, I'd pick PP easily.

And streets are super confusing

1) Neither Arrowhead nor Native Springs connects with Irvine Blvd...you can drive all the way down and see Irvine Blvd but then have to drive all the way back to Portola to get out.

2)  Portola Springs has that weird right turn into Modjeska

3)  Lambert doesn't connect with Portola

4)  There are no streets that cross the span of PP...Prospect goes about half way and ends at Cloudbreak...Port goes about halfway and then curves in.

It is super confusing.

Irvinecommuter said:
bones said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Maserson said:

1) Neither Arrowhead nor Native Springs connects with Irvine Blvd...you can drive all the way down and see Irvine Blvd but then have to drive all the way back to Portola to get out.

4)  There are no streets that cross the span of PP...Prospect goes about half way and ends at Cloudbreak...Port goes about halfway and then curves in.

It is super confusing.

Haha. I was super confused with WB streets at first also, but after living there for awhile I got used to it.

Irvinecommuter said:
bones said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Maserson said:

It is super confusing.

I don?t even know why I?m responding to this but #1 has nothing to do with pavilion park. That?s Portola Springs and as a PP resident, you would never have to drive in any of the mentioned. Same with #2 and #3. #4 is whatever. I?m sure if you live in PP, you?ll figure out the ?confusion? and survive.

Im actually wondering if you?ve ever been to PP?  Or are you just a BOT.  I think the trump thread is calling for you again.

Mety said:
Irvinecommuter said:
bones said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Maserson said:

It is super confusing.

Haha. I was super confused with WB streets at first also, but after living there for awhile I got used to it.

WB is also very confusing.  My understanding is that it's on purpose.

Irvinecommuter said:
Mety said:
Irvinecommuter said:
bones said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Maserson said:

It is super confusing.

WB is also very confusing.  My understanding is that it's on purpose.

Yes, it's masterfully planned by TIC.

Burn That Belly said:
Some kid died getting run over on Roosevelt a couple years back.

Pavilion Park has large lots but the biggest downside is not only the exorbitant MR it?s the inconvenient and dangerous  access to nearby shopping such as WTC. Kids who ride bikes and want to venture out like normal will have to get on Irvine Blvd and ride across the 133fwy. Anyone who hasn?t actually ridden a bike in this area doesn?t know wtf I?m talking about. The bike lines disappear there and I wouldn?t trust no kid riding their bikes there, even with CV a kid still got killed. 

EW is great because they built underground access to JOST. Kids don?t need to physically get in the bike lane. They can stay on the trail or the sidewalk to get to WTC or NW plaza. Leave the bike lane to adults or more experienced riders.

Lastly, EW has one of the lowest MR of all TIC products probably second lowest to CVE by just a few hundred bucks a year, zoned to the best high school without all the cons of CVE. Actually, EW is probably cheaper than CVE because EW?s Hoa for detached and SFH is only $125 but if I recall, even Trellis Court, you gotta pay for both HOA fees at $252.

EW is overpriced for all these reasons. No one will sell you a new Mercedes at a Honda price. One cannot obviously be dumb enough to think that Honda can charge $50 grand for an Accord and people will swallow that. No that?s the BMW/Mercedes terroritory. TIC knows this and so do their customers.

On the 133 fwy issue w fast traffic ?- Doesn?t Laguna Altura / Hidden canyon have the same problem ? But that hasn?t affected values in those neighborhoods . I know close to spectrum , south of 405 , etc but stilll .

some kid on a bike got ran over around those parts, don't remember if it was HC or LA

also, nextdoor had several post on crazy drivers next to EW/SG, specifically jeffrey and irvine blvd, i think one was a fatality, can't escape bad drivers in irvine

JOST had that groper

village wars it is, no matter which village you choose, there'll be haters
#irvineisparadise

OC_relocation said:
If you have to buy a resale SFH, which areas from the following would be the best in terms of holding their value, easier to sell in future, appreciation etc? Assuming you like the floor plans in all.

1. Cypress Village
2. StoneGate
3. East wood Village
4. Pavilion Park

I have removed Portola and OH from this list for some known reason.

Buying low solves a lot of problems, so I would go with whichever one I could buy low in. (easier to hold less value, ask for less when reselling, smaller basis for appreciation, etc)

OC_relocation said:
If you have to buy a resale SFH, which areas from the following would be the best in terms of holding their value, easier to sell in future, appreciation etc? Assuming you like the floor plans in all.

1. Cypress Village
2. StoneGate
3. East wood Village
4. Pavilion Park

I have removed Portola and OH from this list for some known reason.

What are known reasons for OH-reserve? Too expensive or too far away from Irvine center/not convenient?

Going up Jeffrey at 5pm is so painful now... as bad or worse than Culver. Going up Sand Canyon not as bad but getting worse.

irvinehomeowner said:
Going up Jeffrey at 5pm is so painful now... as bad or worse than Culver. Going up Sand Canyon not as bad but getting worse.

If you take sand canyon to go up north, mytrick is to take the marine way/ridge valley that runs parallel but little into the great park. it saves so much time! I am pretty sure at somepoint it will get worst, but the worst hasnt come here yet.

newPParker said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Secret exposed. 😀😀😃

If you take sand canyon to go up north, mytrick is to take the marine way/ridge valley that runs parallel but little into the great park. it saves so much time! I am pretty sure at somepoint it will get worst, but the worst hasnt come here yet.

newPParker said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Isn't that back tracking if you work west of the "better" hoods of Eastwood, SG and CV?

irvinehomeowner said:

Where's this on YF's matrix? 

Traffic will only get worse heading to/from EW/SG/OH and same applies to/from PS/PP, unless you use the toll road.

People value Irvine due to it's conveniences.  Schools within walking distance, close to jobs, airport, shopping, beaches, universities, etc..  As that convenience diminishes with traffic, doesn't the allure of some of these neighborhoods decrease even a little bit?

Back