Best Taco Tuesday?

Shooby_IHB

For a co-worker's going away, we are trying to find a taco tuesday in the Irvine/Costa Mesa area.

In your experience, what is the best Taco Tuesday around here?

Fresca's off of Redhill and Edinger has a TT starting at 2pm. You can only get chicken crispy tacos but they are really good as they are grill fried rather than deep fried.

The Mexican food place off of Sand Canyon and the 5 used to have a good TT but I haven't been there in years.

The best was Tortilla Flats but that was even longer back when there used to be one at the shopping center across from UCI. They still have the Mission Viejo Lake one but that's too far.

Let me know if you find a good one... I've been looking for a good TT.

TT on the Lake is still alive at Tortilla Flats.

Taco`s are $ 1.25 Ea. Update: Make that $ 2.00 Ea.

But even a Small Margarita in a cheap platic cup is $ 8.00

Tacos are deep fried. But still pretty good with their Salsa.

The cheap Taco plate at Tia Juana`s is not bad for the price.

3 Taco`s for under $ 5.00. Also deep fried.

But here you can do "Train Shots" and get "Slammed" for a lower price

on Tequila. Lots of trains these days.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1231985977]Fresca's off of Redhill and Edinger has a TT starting at 2pm. You can only get chicken crispy tacos but they are really good as they are grill fried rather than deep fried.

I agree! Last time I was there they were a buck apiece. We'd bring 20-25 of them to our Masters' class to share. You can call ahead for pick up.

Caution: they get PISSED if you order a soda and use the cup to fill up on salsa instead of soda

fyi lol!

[quote author="zovall" date=1231996169]It's a Taco Monday but.. What about the Happy Hour at Acupulco's? Tacos are a buck and margaritas are $2.50-$2.75.</blockquote>

Sorry, Z, but Acupulco's is an insult to Mexican food.

Wasn't the first, (private) IHB meetup at Taco Tuesday at El Torrito Grill by the airport?

There are many Mexican restaurants that do $1 tacos daily. I recall one near Springdale & 405 FWY in HB/Westminster, and another near 57 FWY & Lincoln Blvd in Anaheim. It's been a while and I need to go back and check on those places again.

ACP Swapmeet in Santa Ana is still going, now held by Hyperactive Computing. The Mexican restaurant there does $1 taco's outside on the patio for cheap geeks.

Commenting on Tia Juana's in Irvine near Sand Canyon & 5 FWY, during Happy Hour the appetizers are 1/2 off. They do Taco Tuesdays too.

<a href="http://www.yelp.com/biz/tia-juanas-long-bar-and-restaurante-irvine">http://www.yelp.com/biz/tia-juanas-long-bar-and-restaurante-irvine</a>

<a href="http://www.tiajuanas.com/">http://www.tiajuanas.com/</a>

My friends and I prefer going to Taco Rosa over On the Border.

Their drinks like margaritas and sangria are far superior.

The only drawback is the limited space in the outside patio.

Throw a party of ten in there and it gets loud and noisy

On the Border has more space.

Javier's is my favorite and has the best scenery

my favorite place for tacos without venturing into the barrio is Tacos Jaliscos in city of orange. tustin ave and walnut (behind the taco bell on the corner, next to a laundromat). forget taco tuesday, you can get cheap tacos here every day. i like the lengua and buche. this is the type of place thats packed with construction works enjoying a corona or negro modelo and giant bowl of menudo or fish soup after work. they have some very good and rich meat dishes like birria or barbacoa, which are lamb or goat stewed in various spices. like a mexican masala or curry is how i think of it.

tacos are about 1.50 each and entrees range around $4-8. CHEAP.

[quote author="caycifish" date=1232065627]

Wasn't the first, (private) IHB meetup at Taco Tuesday at El Torrito Grill by the airport?</blockquote>

I wasn't sure if 'best' meant best price or best food. I go there more for the cheap drinks than the cheap tacos... I've had some strong margaritas there for $2.75 ;)

Yup, the first one was indeed at that El Torito Grill.

[quote author="zovall" date=1232095191][quote author="caycifish" date=1232065627]

Wasn't the first, (private) IHB meetup at Taco Tuesday at El Torrito Grill by the airport?</blockquote>

I wasn't sure if 'best' meant best price or best food. I go there more for the cheap drinks than the cheap tacos... I've had some strong margaritas there for $2.75 ;)

Yup, the first one was indeed at that El Torito Grill.</blockquote>

I agree. Acapulco's margaritas are pretty strong and cheap at HH. The food isnt amazing, but worth the small prices. The buffalo wings and boneless buffalo wings are really quite good--I'm picky about wings, and I really enjoy them.

Taco Mesa on 19th... well established taco joint.. i believe $1 taco tuesdays.. they also have $0.50 margaritas.. i believe it's mondays???

Back