Best purchase(s) of 2016..?

ps99472

1) Darth Vader stein I purchased from Nordstrom recently along with some light saber Bbq tongs :)

2)  Memorex karaoke machine

3)  Kavalan whisky

4)  ribeye steak topped with black truffle shavings at La Maison de la Truffe in Paris

5)  and the ultimate life changer:  SWGOH

A Petaluma with a real driveway and 18' setback from the street. :)

I didn't get one but some lucky TI member did.  ;)

French Press Coffee Maker. Can't drink that swill from our old Keurig now that I've switched to the FP method. Yes, it's a bit more labor intensive, but worth it.

NewToNewport said:
What is SWGOH ?

Since he bought a couple of Star Wars items, I'm assuming it's Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes. My purchase is a sous vide immersion circulator that I'm patienting waiting for delivery. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
Single story 3-car garage home.  :D

I'm so out of the loop. What city is that in? Did you sell your W. Irvine home?

I've had a lot of thoughts lately about finding a plan like that. Sick of stairs. And never knew I wanted a 3cg until I met Iho but now I've got my eye on them. I hope you love it, Trojan. Sounds like you could stay there a long time.

SoCal said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Single story 3-car garage home.  :D

I'm so out of the loop. What city is that in? Did you sell your W. Irvine home?

I've had a lot of thoughts lately about finding a plan like that. Sick of stairs. And never knew I wanted a 3cg until I met Iho but now I've got my eye on them. I hope you love it, Trojan. Sounds like you could stay there a long time.

Over in Tustin Ranch and yes I sold my West Irvine home to one of my clients.

SquareTrade.

Bought my Vizio TV 2 years ago and it went kaput. Called squaretrade and after two rounds of support and repair without success, they refunded the full amount I paid 2 years ago, minus the shipping and tax paid. So it was almost a full price almost 3 Grands that I paid. Now that is a good investment.

The best purchase I made in Dec 2016 was $2/lb beef trimmings from a supermarket.  Didn't even have that much fat on them.

Costco's pre-seasoned pork ribs was also a good buy.  They're usually located next to the pre-seasoned prime rib and comes in the same type baking tray.  Much cheaper than prime rib and quite good when fresh out of the oven.

I found these heavy-duty 34 oz. glass steins for Mr. SoCal on Amazon. Great for those enjoy beer. I run water over it and keep it in the freezer so he always has a chilled glass. Got him some of his favorites to go with it for a gift: Red Trolley, Fosters, and Heineken. They're good quality. Very heavy. A very "manly" glass. I don't drink beer but wanted to pick it up while full. It's almost impossible for me to lift due to its weight until he showed me how you have to wrap the palm of your hand around it while anchoring your elbow to the table. That makes it a lot easier. You can't hold it like a coffee cup by the handle only or else you'll struggle.

SoCal said:
I found these heavy-duty 34 oz. glass steins for Mr. SoCal on Amazon. Great for those enjoy beer. I run water over it and keep it in the freezer so he always has a chilled glass. Got him some of his favorites to go with it for a gift: Red Trolley, Fosters, and Heineken. They're good quality. Very heavy. A very "manly" glass. I don't drink beer but wanted to pick it up while full. It's almost impossible for me to lift due to its weight until he showed me how you have to wrap the palm of your hand around it while anchoring your elbow to the table. That makes it a lot easier. You can't hold it like a coffee cup by the handle only or else you'll struggle.
Germans don't palm a stein.  Here's how you're supposed to do it:http://www.today.com/food/flex-those-beer-muscles-oktoberfest-stein-holding-competitions-4B11212514

Back