Best Home / Auto Insurance bundle?

paydawg

Typically, does insurance premiums go up for your house, even if you've never had a claim?  I'm with AAA and my home insurance has steadily gone up each year even though we've never filed a claim.  The house is only 5 years old.  My premium is now about $300/year higher than it was back in 2015. 

Any TI'ers recommend a combined home/auto bundle at a decent rate?  I'm slower getting a feeling (just a hunch) that AAA is sub-par. 

I quoted out my insurance to 20 companies both bundled and individual and it came out more economical for me to split them. YMMV of course.

If you have Costco, Ameriprise Auto insurance is waaaaaay cheaper than anything else I found, but their homeowners insurance rate was double what I?m paying at State Farm.  So ya, even though I give up my bundle discount it was still cheaper to split them up...  so far I decided it wasn?t worth the hassle and just stayed with State Farm, might change when the next big bill hits.

After canyon fire 2 burned part of my house, state farm paid around $200,000 in all for the claim.  Before the fire, my home insurance was $1,880.  After the fire it was $1,980.  My neighbor tried to get home owners insurance and had a hard time finding someone to insure them.  The state farm agent I use has been insuring my family for 30 years.  Perhaps that helped.

I heard a street sweeper caused this fire back in 2017.  Perhaps the insurance companies got some money from suing the city.

My agent said it was one of the highest claims she had to deal with @thetime.

One doesn't know the quality of insurance until you need it. AAA for homeowners has been expensive with steadily increasing rates but they have paid out quickly and engaged high quality contractors when we had claims. The price increase after our big claim was modest, whereas AAA auto premium skyrocketed after a minor accident, so I went to Liberty Mutual. net net splitting across high quality insurers has worked well for me.

Back