Best (Free) Apps for the iPhone

PANDA_IHB

For those of you who have an iPhone, I was wondering what free apps you guys have.

Panda's favorite App for Real Estate - Redfin

Panda's favorite App for Christian music - Klove

Panda's favorite App for Remembering Stuff - reQall

Panda's favorite App for Free and Cheap Calls - Skype

Panda's favorite App for Maps - Google Earth

Panda's favorite App for When you have to go pee while taking a road trip - Rest Area

Panda's favorite App for Movies - Now Playing

I found a real cool one the other night called "Lose it" for dieting and weight loss. You budget exactly what calorie you take and all the diet details of what you eat everyday. So have any of you found any cool iPhone apps you guys want to share? Zovall, you should make an iPhone App for IHB.

<strong>Pandora</strong> - the first MUST HAVE free app when the App Store opened and still one of the best. Like a bunch of personal radio stations and the best music discovery tool I've ever come across.

<strong>DianHua</strong> - free Chinese/English dictionary. Great for anyone who knows or is learning Mandarin. A lot of people have been waiting for Pleco to port their outstanding Chinese dictionary to the iPhone, but I have a feeling that by the time they finally get it done a lot of people will realize they're pretty happy with DianHua + built-in iPhone Mandarin character input and they don't need to pay $40+ for Pleco's product. Not saying DianHua is the best Chinese/English dictionary in the world, but it's functional, Apple's Chinese input is cool, and it's all free!!

[quote author="green_cactus" date=1252996061]OpenTable app for iPhone (easy restaurant reservations + bonus $$$ for doing so)</blockquote>

Nice!... Two more for you Green Cactus >

1) SitorSquat app for iPhone - the best app for "when you can't hold it anymore" - it will show you are all the restrooms near you with green for open and red for closed.

2) Bloomberg app for iPhone - the best app for stock and market news - Experience the power of chinese stocks and commodity prices at the palm of your hands.

I second Pandora

Here's a list from my phone:

1. Google stuff

2. Evernote - free note app that syncs across all devices/computers + is accessible through the web

3. iSwim - Thinkorswim's trading app. Interface is clean and nice. I don't necessarily use it to trade but I use it for stock quotes, option quotes, etc.

4. Yelp - if you have a 3GS, enable monocle-it's pretty cool

5. NPR/WSJ/AP/BBC/Bloomberg/Reuters/NYT/ESPN - Various news apps that I use randomly.

5. Flight control - Not free (.99c) but a great game for the iphone. This is the only app I actually paid for

6. Paper Toss - free game, good for killing time

7. Shazam - ID's a song if you hold your phone up to the speaker

[quote author="irvine_grad" date=1252998852]

7. Shazam - ID's a song if you hold your phone up to the speaker</blockquote>
Shazam is so awesome.

I try singing to it sometimes to see if it can figure it out. My singing must be very bad.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1253022483][quote author="irvine_grad" date=1252998852]

7. Shazam - ID's a song if you hold your phone up to the speaker</blockquote>
Shazam is so awesome.

I try singing to it sometimes to see if it can figure it out. My singing must be very bad.</blockquote>

I think you can do that with <a href="http://www.midomi.com/">Midomi</a> but I've never tried it.

AppSniper-best way to learn about new apps and alerts you of price drops

iheartradio- 640am KFI radio and KiisFM

Wikipanion-walking encyclopedia

RSSPlayer- listen to podcast that autoupdates with the latest podcast without the need to link to my laptop

mail- now I don't need to really turn on my laptop to do a quick email check

Waze, it's free GPS.

Also here is a tip from hubby, who is light years ahead of me in terms of gadgets, "jailbreaking" your i phone will open a whole other universe of free apps and non apple supported programs.

I just got my i phone. Mr. M80 is schooling me on all the stuff he has done to trick out my i phone. Here is another tip from him.

Drop your text plan and save yourself $15 bucks a month. You can have unlimited free texting through this free app called TextPlus.

Back