Best Chinese restaurant

Tyler Durden said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Where is Tyler? I want to hear his opinion on the best chinese restaurant in Irvine... we probably will have the same answer.

Unfortunately, i cannot speak to this topic... the last time i had chinese food was in SF - R&G lounge back in March of 2011!
Heh.

So none of the chain americanized ones like Panda Express, PeiWei or PF Changs?

irvinehomeowner said:
Tyler Durden said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Where is Tyler? I want to hear his opinion on the best chinese restaurant in Irvine... we probably will have the same answer.

Unfortunately, i cannot speak to this topic... the last time i had chinese food was in SF - R&G lounge back in March of 2011!
Heh.

So none of the chain americanized ones like Panda Express, PeiWei or PF Changs?

I actually like Panda every once in a while.  I'm not the only one because whenever I go I see a number of Asian folk in there.  I guess it's like seeing Mexicans eat Taco Bell.

broda said:
I actually like Panda every once in a while.  I'm not the only one because whenever I go I see a number of Asian folk in there.  I guess it's like seeing Mexicans eat Taco Bell.

or white people at subway :)

Tyler Durden said:
qwerty said:
broda said:

or white people at subway :)

Subway is vile.  If i can't find a local joint, i would go for Jersey Mike's.  At least their hot subs are cooked on the griddle.

Jersey Mike's is overrated...I'd pick Subway purely because of cost...because I don't consider their product worth the money. 

broda said:
qwerty said:
Yeah jersey mikes is much better. They habce a very good philly steak. I get the giant which banana peppers

Philly's Best > Jersey Mike  True story

At phillys best I skip the sandwich and indulge in philly fries with extra meat and cheese

Szechuan restaurants use a lot of spice to mask ingredients far from being fresh.

jamboreedude said:
adventurous said:
I am looking for a good quality authentic food, with little to none American cusine footprint

Try Chong Qing Mei Wei Szechuan Restaurant
Suite C  5406 Walnut Ave, Irvine, CA 92604

The most authentic Szechuan restaurant in Irvine, followed by:

Spicy City
14310 Culver Dr,  Irvine, CA 92604

Yes the philly fries are a menu item. Fries with steak and cheese. I smother them with the hot sauce they have in the squeeze bottle

Tyler Durden said:
qwerty said:
Yes the philly fries are a menu item. Fries with steak and cheese. I smother them with the hot sauce they have in the squeeze bottle

Sounds like carne asada fries?  not sure about the cheese part, but it's probably provolone?

Same concept as crane asada fries but it's with the shaved steak meat and the cheese is actually cheese whiz. Phillys best uses cheese whiz, which is what they use in Philly.

irvinehomeshopper said:
The ones with cockroaches, filthy restrooms and an outside ashtrays full of cigarette butts.

Just came from there and never again.  Not even for the $5 lobster noodle.  They need to burn the place down again like before and rebirth like the Phoenix.  I'm gonna go puke now.

Back