Best CD and Money Market Rates

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1234456673]Dollarsavings dropped again, this time to 3.05%. I'm getting my dollars out of there...</blockquote>
It's still a better rate than Countrywide.

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1234257796][quote author="badtime" date=1234236753]

Just opened a CD account with hanmi for 6 months term at 3.5%. seems this is the best rate these days. better than nothing. thanks.</blockquote>

Hanmi is quick with the funding test deposits. I signed up on Friday and the deposits are showing today.</blockquote>

this is a good deal but should i concern about their ratings.? or as long as they're covered by FDIC that should be fine.?

[quote author="badtime" date=1236829981]any more short term CD deals? I have a little more money just matured from BOA CD. thx</blockquote>

my CD matured too from BofA a few weeks ago, just open one from Hanmi as someone suggested here.

[quote author="Johnny" date=1236830348][quote author="badtime" date=1236829981]any more short term CD deals? I have a little more money just matured from BOA CD. thx</blockquote>

my CD matured too from BofA a few weeks ago, just open one from Hanmi as someone suggested here.</blockquote>

hanmi dropped their rates to 1.7%. not hot at all

GMAC Bank has a 12-month at 2.91% and 6-9 months CDs at 2.47%. At those rates, it's probably better to go money market or rewards checking. I opened up a rewards checking with First New England Credit Union. It has no debit card transaction requirements and pays 3% on balances up to $50K.

Rewards checking accounts are a nice earning tool if you have $25-50K to park. You can get rates of 4-5% on them quite easily.

Ipop, which one did you select to open an account? Was there a fee to join the "Friends of the Library"?

Please select from the following options: * = required field

I am an existing First New England Credit Union Member

Existing member:

I am a relative of an existing credit union member

Existing member name: *

Relationship to existing member: *

I live in the same household as an existing credit union member

Existing member name: *

I am an employee of an eligible company

Employer Name: * A B C D E F G H K M N R S T U V Show All

Select ____________ ANOCOIL MANUFACTURING AZTEC LIGHTING BOB'S FURNITURE HEADQUARTERS CAPITAL AREA HEALTH CONSORTIUM DANAHER TOOLS DINEX INTERNATIONAL DOMINO'S DISTRIBUTION CENTER EAST HARTFORD BOARD OF EDUCATION EAST HARTFORD ELEMENTARYS EAST HARTFORD HIGH SCHOOL EAST HARTFORD MIDDLE SCHOOL FNEFCU FRENCH SOCIAL CIRCLE Freedom Mortgage, Inc. G & K SERVICES GENERIS CATERERS, INC. GERBER SCIENTIFIC GLASTONBURY BOARD OF EDUCATION GLASTONBURY ELEMENTARYS GLASTONBURY HIGH SCHOOL GLASTONBURY MIDDLE SCHOOL GLEN OAKS CONDO ASSOCIATION GOODWIN COLLEGE FACULTY GOODWIN COLLEGE STUDENTS GREENE FACILITY SERVICES GUIDA HESCO, Inc. KEENEY MANUFACTURING MARLBOROUGH ELEMENTARY METALS TESTING MIDDLEWOODS NEW IMAGE PRINTERS NEWINGTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE REIN'S RESTAURANT REMINDER COMMUNITY NEWSPAPERS RICE/ACTION PACKAGING SOUTH WINDSOR BOARD OF EDUCATION SOUTH WINDSOR ELEMENTARYS SOUTH WINDSOR HIGH SCHOOL SOUTH WINDSOR MIDDLE SCHOOL STERLING MANOR TLD/ACE MANUFACTURING TOWN OF COVENTRY TOWN OF ELLINGTON TOWN OF GLASTONBURY TOWN OF MARLBOROUGH TOWN OF NEWINGTON TOWN OF SOUTH WINDSOR TOWN OF VERNON TWIN MANUFACTURING UCONN DEPARTMENT DINING SERVICES UN... UPS HARTFORD VERNON COMMUNITY

Vernon community

If you live, work or study in the Vernon community, you are eligible for membership.

Please enter your zip code: *

I would like to join the Friends of the East Hartford Library and become a FNEFCU member

I would like to join the Friends of the East Hartford Library and become a FNEFCU member:

I would like to join the Newington Friends of the Library and become a FNEFCU member

I would like to be a Newington Friends of the Library member:

I became a member when they were running a 5% 6-month CD special and joined via Friends of the Library. I think it cost $10...

[quote author="badtime" date=1236901464][quote author="Johnny" date=1236830348][quote author="badtime" date=1236829981]any more short term CD deals? I have a little more money just matured from BOA CD. thx</blockquote>

my CD matured too from BofA a few weeks ago, just open one from Hanmi as someone suggested here.</blockquote>

hanmi dropped their rates to 1.7%. not hot at all</blockquote>

yep, looks like they just drop their rate, bummer

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1237124872]Just curious...what would all of you do with your cash if you could not find a CD/money market that paid more than 1%???</blockquote>

That's a good question....

I'd be content with 1%. At least it's not negative 50% like so many experienced.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1237120434]Got an e-mail from TDAmeritrade that they are offering a 3-month 3% CD insured up to $250k.</blockquote>

I can't find the offer on their website. Would you mind posting the offer? Do you have a retail account or a instutional account?

[quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1237125522][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1237124872]Just curious...what would all of you do with your cash if you could not find a CD/money market that paid more than 1%???</blockquote>

That's a good question....

I'd be content with 1%. At least it's not negative 50% like so many experienced.</blockquote>
Very good point, capital preservation can be more important than risk based appreciation.

[quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1237126165][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1237120434]Got an e-mail from TDAmeritrade that they are offering a 3-month 3% CD insured up to $250k.</blockquote>

I can't find the offer on their website. Would you mind posting the offer? Do you have a retail account or a instutional account?</blockquote>
Here is the link of the website after I clicked on the link in my e-mail (I forwarded it to your e-mail)...

http://www.tdameritrade.com/offer/cd/depositoptions.html?uid=75841954&a=&referrer;=#

Looks like the minimum deposit is $25,000 and maximum deposit is $250,000 and must be done by 3/25/09. Rate is 2.97% with an APR of 3.00%. I have an individual trading account. Also, if you open an individual trading account by 3/31/09 TDAmeritrade will give you $100 and 30 free trades.

[quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1237126165][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1237120434]Got an e-mail from TDAmeritrade that they are offering a 3-month 3% CD insured up to $250k.</blockquote>

I can't find the offer on their website. Would you mind posting the offer? Do you have a retail account or a instutional account?</blockquote>

found it.http://www.tdameritrade.com/offer/cd.html

I'll take 3% for 3 months. thx

I'm still getting 3% from E+Trade and Fidelity on money market accounts. You can get 5%+ if you're willing to buy a tax free muni bond fund which buys CA bonds.

Back