Belvedere, La Fayette or Palo Alto

I'm sure there's a lot of demand, but there are several Belvederes with no direct neighbor in the back that will help with natural light

@abosch00 - I eventually got a Plan 2 with this "premium" view... I like Plan 3/3x more, but its price point is out of my reach.  Lot premium is 25K due to single loaded street facing paseo, and slightly bigger lot ~3800sq ft. 

I heard the final phase (the row of homes where models are) will have a 50K lot premium.

wbresident said:
@abosch00 - I eventually got a Plan 2 with this "premium" view... I like Plan 3/3x more, but its price point is out of my reach.  Lot premium is 25K due to single loaded street facing paseo, and slightly bigger lot ~3800sq ft. 

I heard the final phase (the row of homes where models are) will have a 50K lot premium.

I'm eyeing the plan 2 as well.  Plan 3 is great, but in a similar situation, a bit too much $$.

Dang - 50K and by that time the final phase happens, it'll probably be 100K more than now!  I can't believe they're raising it 4K for every phase...i thought it was slowing down.

May I ask, what's your setback like, from the california room and/or the living room?  And did they give you an idea of how much upgrades.  I feel like this upgrade stuff will really give me sticker shock - I have no idea how much it can be or how crazy i might get with them. 

By the way, I should point out, I actually really loved the belvedere floorplans and found the backyards in the models quite nice (with the additional privacy being that you didn't have homes directly behind you). I'm just too poor and ended up deciding to buy elsewhere.

iirc, la fayette premium for the single loaded homes with no one behind was about $25k? Arcadia wasn't $50k either from my cloudy memory.
I'm hoping the belvedere quote is yet another marketing mistake, ha.
Bullsback, where did you end up buying if you don't mind

abosch00 said:
wbresident said:

I'm eyeing the plan 2 as well.  Plan 3 is great, but in a similar situation, a bit too much $$.

Dang - 50K and by that time the final phase happens, it'll probably be 100K more than now!  I can't believe they're raising it 4K for every phase...i thought it was slowing down.

May I ask, what's your setback like, from the california room and/or the living room?  And did they give you an idea of how much upgrades.  I feel like this upgrade stuff will really give me sticker shock - I have no idea how much it can be or how crazy i might get with them. 

@abosch00 - Setbacks are  9.7' from California Room and 24.2' from living room.  No upgrade included in the price, but I personally won't get much from the builder other than electrical, insulation, etc.  Really hate paying taxes for the upgrades. 

Last I checked, the only one that hasn't sold in phase 4 was a plan 2, if you don't mind the 124 address.

AW said:
iirc, la fayette premium for the single loaded homes with no one behind was about $25k? Arcadia wasn't $50k either from my cloudy memory.
Cemetery and double mella roos ville. 

Bullsback said:
AW said:

welcome to superpowerville!

bones said:
Bullsback said:
AW said:

welcome to superpowerville!
Thanks. Good thing about superpowerville is at least you have lot size to test your superpowers out in secret...now just a few months till I spend tons of time in owners issue section and pick people's brains on landscapers used, etc.  Thought I was going to end up at Cressa, but thankfully some builders cut prices at BP to the point where I could justify the price enough (especially when considering the lot size) and essentially got a similar size house on a much bigger lot for roughly the same price (excluding the double MR). Who knows how I'll feel after I cut that first mella roos check.   

Bullsback I already know how you'll feel when you cut the first check, it's a vicious cycle. 

You'll think "why am I wasting my money on this", then you'll spend 3-4 days on redfin looking at comparable homes of the same price with little to no MR, then you'll go to a few new construction communities and look at the models, then you'll talk to your wife about it.  Then a week later you'll be sitting in your nice back yard and realizing that it's all worth it and to get a lot of this size in this city is a rarity, and you'll pat yourself on the back for the decision you made that you thought was the wrong one for the past few weeks.

Then 6 months later, you'll do the same thing all over again.

if you can swing the mello then BP > cressa any day of the week. They have all the same negatives (perceived or not) but BP has way more upside IMO.

Bullsback said:
AW said:
Congrats for sure, did someone say deal in BP with lot size, time to go revisit, lol

AW said:
Bullsback said:
AW said:
Congrats for sure, did someone say deal in BP with lot size, time to go revisit, lol
I should point out, lot size is all relative, but its certainly much larger than the typical IPAC 3.5-4K lots.  And No, I did not get one of those Juniper's on a 9K lot.  Really lot was the ultimate differentiater for me (as well as overall lower density of neighborhood and like most any other track, proximity to schools, especially the k-8 for when my kids start in another 2 to 3 years). Helps that prices are down from the initial phase 1 prices.  Hopefully we look back on this a year from now and 30 years from now going, what a wise decision my wife & I made, lol. 

Oh, and I certainly wouldn't describe it as getting a "deal", lol. 

wbresident said:
abosch00 said:
wbresident said:

@abosch00 - Setbacks are  9.7' from California Room and 24.2' from living room.  No upgrade included in the price, but I personally won't get much from the builder other than electrical, insulation, etc.  Really hate paying taxes for the upgrades. 

Last I checked, the only one that hasn't sold in phase 4 was a plan 2, if you don't mind the 124 address.

24ft from living room is pretty respectable.  9.7 feet is quite nice too from california room.  Is that comparable or better than the model plan 2 do you know?

Is there no option to convert the california room to an observatory?  that's kind of a bummer if thats the case.

And yes, I do mind the '124' address.  I'm guessing you don't mind the outside view of the old NW homes?  I'm an owner of one of those old NW homes btw :)

The k-8 will be so convenient...
I don't even know what the small lots are in Juniper, 5-6k?  That is indeed bigger than most new lots.
But the most important thing is that you and your family are happy with it, a lot of critics/shills/anti BP folks here. 

AW said:
I don't even know what the small lots are in Juniper, 5-6k?  That is indeed bigger than most new lots.
But the most important thing is that you and your family are happy with it, a lot of critics/shills/anti BP folks here.
Now now...I never said that I bought @ Juniper necessarily...just that I didn't get one of their 9K lots ;)

Got to keep somethings incognito, haha. And to your point I definitely agree....all that matters at the end of the day is what works for each person and their family. Everyone has different needs. 

Bullsback said:
AW said:
Now now...I never said that I bought @ Juniper necessarily...just that I didn't get one of their 9K lots ;)

Got to keep somethings incognito, haha. And to your point I definitely agree....all that matters at the end of the day is what works for each person and their family. Everyone has different needs.
Too late... That was the lot I was looking at too!  Haha
The TI stalkers are updating their excel sheet

Back on topic, abosch00, no option to convert California room

Bullsback said:
... got a similar size house on a much bigger lot for roughly the same price (excluding the double MR).
Yep, lot size was why PP was a better buy than whatever TIC was selling at that time.

abosch00 said:
24ft from living room is pretty respectable.  9.7 feet is quite nice too from california room.  Is that comparable or better than the model plan 2 do you know?

Is there no option to convert the california room to an observatory?  that's kind of a bummer if thats the case.

And yes, I do mind the '124' address.  I'm guessing you don't mind the outside view of the old NW homes?  I'm an owner of one of those old NW homes btw :)

That's right, no option to convert california room to an observatory..I think there's certain setback requirements that the home needs to meet.  I personally like a california room better, as it makes this tiny lot a bit more respectable.

I don't mind the view of the old NW homes - I think it's far enough, plus I think IP will build a high walls and trees at the paseo.  I like being on single loaded street with less traffic, and also slightly bigger lot. 

As for the setbacks I think it's the same across phase 3 and 4's, which is bigger than phase 1 and 2's but smaller than the model's.  You can request those info from the sales lady.

Back