Before / After School Programs in Irvine

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1232611431]I'm hoping for a couple of years of JC!</blockquote>
I actually try to convince and relatives or friends who have kids entering college to go the JC route for 2 years. There is NOTHING learned at 4-year college in the first 2 years you can't learn at a JC.

Most of the resistance is the parent's worry about the status of their kid attending a JC instead of a "real" college. I basically wasted money paying so much for the 1st 2 years of college... but back then... it wasn't as costly as it is today.

EDIT: Deleted the wrong quote pair.

Most of the JC kids never go to a four year college. I don't remember the exact %. If you are curious, you probably can google it.

If one really can't afford a four year college, then going to a JC might be the only viable choice. My wife went to a JC college, then she went on to one of the best schools to get her doctors degree. (Unfortuenlty, insurance pays the same regardless where you go to school). I will say that is the exception then the norm. It is somewhat similar to people wanting to put their kids in a good school district which provides the kids a more positive learning experiences. It is all about as parents provding the best learning environment for the kids. The rest is really all depend on the themselves.

[quote author="irvine123" date=1232670013]Most of the JC kids never go to a four year college. I don't remember the exact %. If you are curious, you probably can google it.

If one really can't afford a four year college, then going to a JC might be the only viable choice. My wife went to a JC college, then she went on to one of the best schools to get her doctors degree. (Unfortuenlty, <strong>insurance pays the same regardless where you go to school</strong>). I will say that is the exception then the norm. It is somewhat similar to people wanting to put their kids in a good school district which provides the kids a more positive learning experiences. It is all about as parents provding the best learning environment for the kids. The rest is really all depend on the themselves.</blockquote>

And, actually, any job pays the same regardless of where you went to school, you just have to market yourself, not the school you attended.

And, actually, any job pays the same regardless of where you went to school, you just have to market yourself, not the school you attended.</blockquote>

this is might be true for people who has been working for a while / out of school for a while. This is certainly NOT true for new grads / less experienced in many cases. Some of the major mags publish starting salary data by school for the same major.

Back