BEACON PARK

mgc949

So, a lot of people are reselling their homes in Beacon Park. Is there something future buyers should know about the area? Seem like sellers are trying to unload and being competitive with pricing.

Yes, future buyers should know that the area is too condensed for the high MR.

Buy in Pavilion Park.  Lowest MR per sq ft of any GP hood, lots of space between your neighbors and no attached products.

Why pay the high taxes in BP when you don?t get anything unique out of it compared to PS or Stonegate.

Agree Pavillion Park is a better buy than Beacon Park because of the differences in density and mello tax is lower at Pavillion Park. But the K8 school is walkable from Beacon Park and if budget is in the 1.5 mil.  or greater, you can find a nice big home with larger lot. And much lower density.

are there significantly more people selling their homes BP versus PP or other Irvine hoods? 

I also prefer PP over BP.  Walkability to the k-8 isn't enough (for me) to overcome BP's challenges.

I took a peek on Redfin and didn?t see an unusual level of inventory. But this one caught my eye.  Pending at $531psf. Yards not done and will cost $100k to do it right. Very close to Irvine Blvd. Pending in less than 2 months. Don?t know what it will close for but hmm... big lots suck?

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/119-Mustard-92618/home/112718768?utm_source=ios_share&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=copy_link&utm_nooverride=1&utm_content=link

bones said:
I took a peek on Redfin and didn?t see an unusual level of inventory. But this one caught my eye.  Pending at $531psf. Yards not done and will cost $100k to do it right. Very close to Irvine Blvd. Pending in less than 2 months. Don?t know what it will close for but hmm... big lots suck?

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/119-Mustard-92618/home/112718768?utm_source=ios_share&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=copy_link&utm_nooverride=1&utm_content=link

i'm waiting for the day when these yards are marketed as "desert oasis"

also, pretty interesting to see the extreme difference in the photo below between what would likely be a $100k+ yard (to the left - btw what is going on with those 2 structures in the back? is that really hoa approved?) and a <$10k yard (to the right)

genMid.PW18125813_31_0.jpg

The yard to the left looks like they're building two new structures and a pool/spa, would cost 300k+ easily....

hamilton said:
The yard to the left looks like they're building two new structures and a pool/spa, would cost 300k+ easily....

what if it's an underground tunnel that connects the 2 structures?  8)

bones said:

Now that ADUs are allowed, this lot size is certainly big enough to build a 2 bedroom 1000 sqft detached guest house according to Irvine's new guidelines.
It looks like the next door neighbor is doing it already.
Do Irvine HOAs allow for this tho?

mgc949 said:
So, a lot of people are reselling their homes in Beacon Park. Is there something future buyers should know about the area? Seem like sellers are trying to unload and being competitive with pricing.

So you decided to choose GP/BP over NP which has 5 pools and tennis courts?

The buyers should know BP has higher MR than most other Irvine areas.
The buyers should know BP area used to be a superfund site which now I'm sure is all clean.
The buyers should know or check if BP homes come with the rain gutters before you see mold in your home.
But also..
The buyers should know they have much better floor plans than most TIC homes.
The buyers should know they have good amenities and a walking-distance spanking new elementary school super close to most homes.
The buyers should know there might be good retails and cool shops around in a near future promised by 5P, the developer.

Back