Beacon Park

FivePoints CEO is going to be giving a presentation next week to Pavilion Park residents regarding Beacon Park plans / details.

Will let you know what is discussed if I end up going.

aquabliss said:
FivePoints CEO is going to be giving a presentation next week to Pavilion Park residents regarding Beacon Park plans / details.

ask him about the cemetery.  :)

aquabliss said:

Can't wait for the food trucks!

I'll be carrying a big Arrow with a sign saying "build the cemetary here".

fishfinder333 said:
wrigley said:
The plume is underground 150-700 feet, so not affected by wind, and it is unlikely to change direction dramatically.

Tell that to the residents in woodbridge. TCE fumes will seep up from the ground and get into the air. Perhaps you should research before you make such statements.

Vaporized TCE in a contained area ie a house could potentially cause problems, but it is unlikely that the concentrations blown by wind shifts would cause problems, as was your stated concern.  My statement was about the plume, and last I checked, it is underground.  I was trying to address your concerns. I am no expert but can read Wikipedia  :)

Don't get all snippy just cuz gasman lol'd. It was probably directed at me.

yaliu07 said:
aquabliss said:

He's a She.  I don't think they're giving Five Points much say in the matter so her personal opinion probably doesn't matter much.

aquabliss said:
yaliu07 said:
aquabliss said:

He's a She.  I don't think they're giving Five Points much say in the matter so her personal opinion probably doesn't matter much.

Huh? Emile Haddad is a he.

In regards to the cemetery, Five Points does have some say. I remember reading certain aspects about the cemetery they are given the "right of refusal" and I believe they have the power to delay construction to a later date (maximum 2017). I read this along time ago, so I will try my best to dig up the documents.

But Emile Haddad is definitely a man, I met him briefly years back before he started Five Points and was a Lennar executive. I was really impressed, he was extremely nice and humble.

bones said:
aquabliss said:
yaliu07 said:
aquabliss said:

Huh? Emile Haddad is a he.

Oops, my bad.  I thought it was pronounced like "Emily". 

Irvinean said:
In regards to the cemetery, Five Points does have some say. I remember reading certain aspects about the cemetery they are given the "right of refusal" and I believe they have the power to delay construction to a later date (maximum 2017).

Even if Five Point has some say they won't do it. Otherwise, they would have already done so before breaking ground on Beacon Park. I'm sure they're aware of the political sensitivity with veterans. If they want to do business beyond just the Great Park some day they'll have to be sure they don't have a tainted reputation as a company with the public or the city. They'd rather leave the fight up to the local residence and hope to be the beneficiary.

Anyone hoping for Five Point to step in is just wishful thinking.

eatthis said:
Irvinean said:
In regards to the cemetery, Five Points does have some say. I remember reading certain aspects about the cemetery they are given the "right of refusal" and I believe they have the power to delay construction to a later date (maximum 2017).

Even if Five Point has some say they won't do it. Otherwise, they would have already done so before breaking ground on Beacon Park. I'm sure they're aware of the political sensitivity with veterans. If they want to do business beyond just the Great Park some day they'll have to be sure they don't have a tainted reputation as a company with the public or the city. They'd rather leave the fight up to the local residence and hope to be the beneficiary.

Profits over making friends.

eyephone said:
eatthis said:
Irvinean said:

Money over bi*ches!!

/Thuglife...

FARMMMMMIE said:
eyephone said:
eatthis said:
Irvinean said:

Money over bi*ches!!

/Thuglife...

Lol

All about the Benjamin's

i finally understand why aquabliss is going the 5point event.  he does not care about beacon park since he already lives in PP.  the only reason he is going is because of FREE ICE CREAM....  :)

i am going too...  :)

yaliu07 said:
i finally understand why aquabliss is going the 5point event.  he does not care about beacon park since he already lives in PP.  the only reason he is going is because of FREE ICE CREAM....  :)

Aquabliss is going to check it out and get some free ice cream. But we all know why you are going.  (cemetery questions?)    ;)

eatthis said:
Irvinean said:

Cemetery will likely be built. Five Point would rather not have the cemetery but this would become a political football.  Irvine city council or OC government will support the cemetery. The Republican Party loves the military as much as the Democratic Party loves gays.

IMHO, any elected Republican in Irvine or OC who is against the cemetery in Great Park (a previous military base) would likely be voted out of office.

gaysian said:
Cemetery will likely be built. Five Point would rather not have the cemetery but this would become a political football.  Irvine city council or OC government will support the cemetery. The Republican Party loves the military as much as the Democratic Party loves gays.

IMHO, any elected Republican in Irvine or OC who is against the cemetery in Great Park (a previous military base) would likely be voted out of office.

It's too bad that as soon as our veterans enters the conversation it's no longer possible to have an open debate given the fear of being labeled unpatriotic. At one point or another, FivePoint, IUSD, several members of Irvine city council members have all voiced their wish to relocate the cemetery. But, when rubber meets the road to take real action they all became a bunch of wilting flower.

At this point, the formula is pretty simple. It's really up to the local residents to step up and make noise. Then, maybe enough city council members will see a political advantage to be had to pick up some votes and finally take action.

yaliu07 said:

Not gonna make it now.  Save some Ice Cream for me!

irvinehomeshopper said:
Yaliu for the next Mayor of Irvine!

if i am elected, i will use your tax money to buy you guys free ice cream everyday.  :)

i will even use your tax money to perform FREE p**** enlarger, so you have a FREE option to look like qwerty.

Went to the event earlier and here's some sketches Five Points presented of Beacon Park's uh.. Beacon Park.

K-8 beacon park school, portola high school, the eventual concept of great park (yeah right)... and there was a sketch of broadcom's upcoming campus but didn't get shot of it
http://imgur.com/a/6HhKy

in terms of Emile's reply to some of the questions:

• there was of course questions on the veteran memorial grounds... which he didn't out right deflect but openly said he couldn't take a position on it, though he is aware that for certain cultures its an issues
  • one resident at PP did ask openly if Five points have right of refusal and I believe Emile said they do not. Emile also mentioned something about contractual obligation five points have that he couldn't go into details about (cant remember specific as i was standing too far)
  • i personally dont think five points will do anything about it (even if they could) and they have no real say in it as some think they do. he openly mentioned its land they do not own.
  • in terms of future vision, i heard something about how they're hoping to get approval for bridges* to connect all parks/community together... (so that the whole bike/walk concept will actually make more sense).

*as long as the bridges don't look like the ones that line jeffrey, then that'll be nice.

Edit: accidentally deleted the pics. doh.

Back