Beacon Park

Too many unknowns with BP and the GREAT Park. I personally would like to see TIC accelerate building out Eastwood.

So I was just using the GIS mapping tool on the city of Irvine's website and WOW as previous posts have indicated, there are some HUMONGOUS lots in Beacon Park. You guys should use the tool and look at the lots. The Pulte tract and Standard Pacific (especially this one) have really big yards.

I would hope there are large lots given the Cemetery and toxic soil. Gotta have some incentive to move there.

irviniteeee said:
So I was just using the GIS mapping tool on the city of Irvine's website and WOW as previous posts have indicated, there are some HUMONGOUS lots in Beacon Park. You guys should use the tool and look at the lots. The Pulte tract and Standard Pacific (especially this one) have really big yards.

How do you get this thing to work?  Assuming you're referring to this:https://www.cityofirvine.org/cityhall/cd/buildingsafety/gis_mapping/locate.asp

I've tried it on both FireFox and Chrome (new versions) and neither will load the page/app after accepting the disclaimer.

aquabliss said:
irviniteeee said:

How do you get this thing to work?  Assuming you're referring to this:https://www.cityofirvine.org/cityhall/cd/buildingsafety/gis_mapping/locate.asp

I've tried it on both FireFox and Chrome (new versions) and neither will load the page/app after accepting the disclaimer.

Try Internet Explorer. ;)

But the map is similar to this one you posted on page 2 of this thread.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,12439.15.html
wgvki0.jpg

Wow you're right.  Looks like a lot of these lots will be 7k-9k sq ft... can't wait to see  the pricing.

Holy smokes...I was questioning the scale accuracy of the structures on each lot, but then I pulled up the PP lots, and they're pretty spot on.

Wow...I'm definitely surprised.

Ya me too when I first saw the map.  But I used a PP lot that is around 6k sq ft as a template (at the same viewable level) and dragged it across this map in photoshop and could tell many of these lots are 20-30% larger than that. 

If this keeps up people in Irvine might actually be able to have their kids play in their yards, host parties in their yards, be able to fit pools in their yards... We should definitely do something about this.

lnc said:
aquabliss said:
irviniteeee said:

Try Internet Explorer. ;)

But the map is similar to this one you posted on page 2 of this thread.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,12439.15.html
wgvki0.jpg
Yeah it's very similar to the previously posted map but if you guys zoom in a bit more the actual homes will pop up on the map and show just how big the lots are compared to the homes on it.

Has someone posted how big the Stanpac homes will be?  These are the ones on the largest lots right?  Looks like the final phases of Melrose (non models) closed at around $1.55M (4,000 sf on 6000-6500sf lots) and the Melrose models (on lots of ~8,000sf) closed at around $2M.  Will be interesting to see pricing.

irvinecommuter will not be buying in Beacon Park.

Where has IC been anyways? Seems like he disappeared around the same time the iPhone 6 destroyed Samsung's profit margins.

Here's an example of relative lot size.  The green square on the map is 6000 sq ft.  It's wider than the lot it's overlaying but not nearly as deep. 

I would estimate those lots along Irvine Blvd are about 7,000 - 7,500 sq ft each. 

Still not sure why they would put these expensive homes on large lots right against noisy Irvine Blvd.

14abeis.jpg

went to the HOA meeting last night.  and they "anticipate" that BP will start summer this year and they "anticipate" first house will close escrow in sept.  they also "anticipate" a residential bridge in summer 2016 to connect PP and BP.

if you are PP resident with FOB key and you can use that in BP.

Thumbs up for the bridge...

And definitely lots of FOBs in PP that will be using BP facilities (no pun intended)

waitin4ever said:
Will living in BP be safe or not interms of past history of the land? What is the conclusion?

You will need to decide that for yourself once all the information is released.  BP is not in a plume area, and I believe that parcel was used for farming, so it's one of the safer areas in Great Park for residential.  If you do decide t purchase in BP, you *might* get some disclosures stating that you shouldn't farm on that land, or consume any vegetation grown on that soil, but that's probably more of a legal CYA (cover-your-ass).  Personally, I think that OH will have more environmental hazards from all the pesticides than BP/PP will from its previous land use.

Take it with a grain of salt...I'm no scientist, so do your own research, and I'm sure you'll make the best decision for yourself and your family. :)

Back