Beacon Park

Is this really not that obvious?  The large crowds at Beacon Park (aka treehouse park) are not people looking at the new homes, and not necessarily the general public either. 

It's the Pavilion Park residents who flock over the Beacon park to use the amenities because Pavilion Park does't have a park.  Well, at least not a usable park. 

The only other incentive in BP are those select lots in Juniper that you can choose the floor plans, I think is pretty cool. 
The next GP community should take this to the next level, buy the plot of land and be able to choose any builder floor plans within certain limits

Attachments

• House.png
    House.png
    64 KB · Views: 240
Went to Beacon Park last night to play basketball on the night court. Been there many times before and always been able to stay until 10pm, as said on the sign. But, last night, the guard came by and told us we had to "leave immediately" and it is no longer open after dusk. Does anyone else know anything about this? Does this apply to Beacon Park residents too? Did something happen?

edit: We were there on Saturday around 8PM and was asked to leave because it's now closed after dusk.

eatthis said:
Went to Beacon Park last night to play basketball on the night court. Been there many times before and always been able to stay until 10pm, as said on the sign. But, last night, the guard came by and told us we had to "leave immediately" and it is no longer open after dusk. Does anyone else know anything about this? Does this apply to Beacon Park residents too? Did something happen?

I believe the association is putting more emphasis on getting the security guards to ward off non-residents. which is kinda sad/silly and i dont see how they can police an open park.

also some PP residents are complaining about the crowd over at BP where they cant enjoy the amenities they "paid" for. i think there's some validity to annoyance to crowds.. but again, open park.

its a new park. ppl will flock to it. once novelty wears off the foot traffic will probably be different.

jmoney74 said:
Dunno... I generally agree with 10pm curfew in neighborhood parks.

i think 10pm is reasonable. but he's saying they had to leave at dusk. so probably around 5-6pm.

edit: I've been seeing a lot more private party being setup there so could be that too. *shrug*

I understand both sides...  Alternative would be playing basketball at high school gyms at night on certain days or join adult leagues or something. 

It may be harmless playing sport outdoor, having fun, but to residents, it could be annoying and somewhat threatening also.  I used to play basketball and volleyball.  Guys (I'm assuming) can be loud, tough, and dropping f bombs and s bombs.  At dusk or night, noise gets amplified...

I got irritated several times at our neighbor hood pool/park.  Our park is not like a regional park or state part so it's small setting.  Some folks bring a large number of people for their parties taking over the entire place from morning till afternoon, very loud and trash bins over flowing.  And I could tell they were not from our neighborhood, I've never seen them before...

So if you are paying $200, $300 HOA, I can see why they are enforcing rules that non-residence may not like...

What GP needs is to create their sports complex to resolve this. 
Wasn't there a prelim map showing 10 soccer fields, baseball diamonds and 20 tennis courts.  If they forgot about basketball then they really screwed up. 

AW said:
Wasn't there a prelim map showing 10 soccer fields, baseball diamonds and 20 tennis courts.  If they forgot about basketball then they really screwed up. 
I think the sports complex is already there, at least all the open fields are.

Didn't see any basketball courts though.

irvinehomeowner said:
AW said:
I think the sports complex is already there, at least all the open fields are.

Didn't see any basketball courts though.
Total fail
F I A L  (Fail on the fail)

The guard never asked if we were a BP or PP resident. So, it doesn't seem to matter. And, it's not just the basketball court.The entire park is "closed" and we need to leave.

Also, what's the point of a lit night time basketball court if they don't want anyone to use it. Why put in the light in the first place? And, if they find it annoying to the few residents that moved in they should just turn the light off. Problem solved.

To keep the riff raffs out.
NIMBY

Or maybe to protect the folks from the migrating coyotes.

I think the heavy abuse of the park areas (people not cleaning up after themselves, trash everywhere, etc) probably caused this change.  The security people aren't really equipped to know if you are a resident or not, even if they ask so what's the point in asking.  Like others have mentioned, the novelty will wear off esp as it gets more crowded with actual residents and another new shiny park opens up somewhere else.  I personally don't even see the appeal of the park - it's only OK.  Sure the first couple times, it's cool, but then you realize, there's really not much to it. 

Basketball brings riff raff. Ive seen many sports complexes like this. Hb did this too. Gobto tustin. 😗

Back