Beacon Park

There are supposed to be some 60x100 lots, but I would expect those to go to the builders with a premium product, similar to PP (Harmony, Hawthorn, Melrose).  There are more 60x90 lots, which I would expect to be aligned with the Whistler, Sagewood, and Rosemist products in PP.  Overall it should feel very similar to PP, but with an elementary school, a larger park, and some attached structures mixed in.

I met a carpenter working on some of the last Pavilion Park homes, and he's scheduled to start working on Beacon Park models end of March.  I'd guess the models would be finished around May/June, so that timeframe would be my best guess.

Using the streets for scale. I then created a same size overlay over the typical Irvine neighborhoods. I found the lots and open space are about 20% bigger for both Detached homes and detached condos. The curvilinear streets have land density inefficiency unlike the ideal money maker grid we are used to seeing. The inefficiency translates to more open space and wider gaps between homes like Turtle Rock and Woodbridge both places I happen to like in Irvine. Unfortunately Five Points can't charge the consumers for the extra open space in the common area unless the extra space is in the private yards which a clever developer can then charge a lot premium.  I like the differentiation among the various pocket parks with different shapes and location. I am so tired of the same rectangular pocket parks built in the last 2 decades.

I noticed tonight that the street lights lining Beacon Park entrance on Ridge Valley are a nice bright white, while Pavilion Parks are a dull orangish/yellowish color.

Reminds me of when I bought a new car then a few months later they came out with nice bright white daytime running lights on the same car.

#movingtotheplume

thelandofnoland said:
Beacon Park vs. Greenwood. Fight!

beacon will get the asian cash buyer, greenwood will get the asian financed buyer. regarding better location, since burntzilla opens up today, life pretty much revolves around burntzilla, so since greenwood is closer, greenwood wins on location.

thelandofnoland said:
Info on Beacon Park from a trusted source:

Tracts 17724 & 17725    Model Home Collection (EDITED)
Tracts 17729                Rosemont by K. Hovnanian Homes        76 SFRs
Tracts 17726 & 17737    Silvermist by K. Hovnanian Homes        51 SFRs
Tracts 17743                Juniper by Pulte Homes                        68 SFRs
Tracts 17744                Ellwood by Richmond American Homes  71 Detached Condos
Tract 17728                  Torrey by Standard Pacific Homes          63 SFRs
Tracts 17735 & 17741  Primrose by Continental Residential?    105 Attached Condos

dylrat.png

Here's big Great Park development map that will give a better perspective of Beacon Park's location.  Upper left corner is Pavilion Park and Beacon Park is just right below it.
FP-688-plan-map-web-version.jpg

Beacon Park is actually the farthest from the cemetery parcel of land own by the city to the very east of Irvine Blvd. A definite trail system that help to unite all residential parcels to the sports facilities, cultural venues, and Irvine's Main Street. The difference I see here at the great park is the residential and other facets are organically well integrated unlike the rest of Irvine where each of the discreet super blocks is walled off like an imperial city.

irvinehomeowner said:
And Beacon Park is ghost friendly. :)

irvinehomeshopper said:
The difference I see here at the great park is the residential and other facets are organically well integrated unlike the rest of Irvine where each of the discreet super blocks is walled off like an imperial city.

Is Great Park integrated into the other Irvine trails? Seems like JOST completion really added the missing puzzle piece that ties so many villages together.

Since Great Park wasn't park of Irvine's original master plan I wonder how it will connect with the other greenbelts and trails.

Will PROC and ROC ever integrate?

Rice Vino said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
The difference I see here at the great park is the residential and other facets are organically well integrated unlike the rest of Irvine where each of the discreet super blocks is walled off like an imperial city.

Is Great Park integrated into the other Irvine trails? Seems like JOST completion really added the missing puzzle piece that ties so many villages together.

Since Great Park wasn't park of Irvine's original master plan I wonder how it will connect with the other greenbelts and trails.

Back