Beacon Park vs. Pavilion Park?

NicholasHunter

Looking into the unknown future and comparing information that has already been released. Which community would be a better buy. Torn between purchasing now or waiting for the future development?

Pros of waiting:
- get to fully customize. Don't think there are any options in PP you can do that right now
- will be able to potentially get into phase 1 pricing or wait for a specific lot
- walkable elem if you have young kids

Cons of waiting:
- it is unknown. Couple things that I would have questions about in BP is how the commercial (offices/medical) will be done.  Is it the same egress for everything?  Also probably should research what that land was previously used for. PP was farm land. I can't remember what BP was.
- living in a constriction zone for 2+ years. PP with less homes will be an approx 2 year buildout. I'm guessing BP will be longer given its more homes and also there is less pent up demand right now.

That's all I can think off top of my head. Someone posted earlier today about the benefits of BP in another thread.

Thank you I will have to do some more research. You think the demand will continue to lack even over summer? I was also thinking pp because it appears everything is detached comparing to a lot of other communities in Irvine have attached housing near by.

PP is isolated in the northern parcel. The major streets are being used by Portola Springs residents as a short cut. Unnecessary traffic cutting through PP is creating more wear and potential accidents. PP is not connected to the grand master plan of The Greatpark. Crossing Irvine Blvd with those orange bikes is not only difficult but life threatening. Irvine blvd is the artery consisting of local residential traffic as well as business traffic heading home to Corona.

The area of Plume will likely be zoned civic uses meaning no homes will be built above it. The map indicates the flow is migrating to Woodbridge thus in southwesterly direction. This premise will allow us to predict where the cultural, sports, civic, event venues and park system will likely be located. The plans that are floating on the Internet indicate there will be a high emphasis of sports uses.

RE speculation is all about making money riding along with the highest appreciation. Not all Irvine neighborhoods appreciate the same rate. Resale value ratio is based on the buyers perception and perceived quality of life. During the monopoly era new home buyers had limited choices between no yard and little yard. Most resale buyers rely on visual accessment and base their decision on what they see. Homes in the Greatpark will yield a higher resale value ratio because of bigger lots, ample neighborhood open spaces and meaningful park systems and trail system with real destinations. We have seen too many ghost trails with no real purpose leading to nowhere thus no people walk.

The entire Greatpark is a vast area. The number of homes is capped by the zoning approval. Since the developer can't squeeze more homes into a single drop of land surrounding  open space will be a huge differentiating factor setting it apart from other dense Irvine neighborhoods. From studying the maps and documents there are plenty of land not plume affected could accommodate residential and other uses.

Beacon Park is situated in the Greatpark with connectiing paths to cultural, civil, and entertainment venues. Unlike PP needing to cross Irvine Blvd a major street that becomes Trabuco, and 4th street connecting Mission Viejo, Lake Forest, Irvine, Tustin to OC's Civic Center in Santa Ana. BP will need to cross Trabuco but Trabuco will never be connected the the South County's Trabuco Road because Irvine Blvd took that position. Trabuco will never be a cross town artery thus it is safe to assume it is just a local collector road that has limited traffic seemingly much easier to cross.

Mediterranean beige box is out and Midcentury modernism and cottage vernacular are in. The American Dream of owning a literal white picket fence is now real in Irvine. The future texting generation buyers will want character and identity. They are raised with having the latest gadgets and spoiled with coolest luxuries. They will also want that in their home styling that made Hollywood and Venice Beach unique and certainly not something out of the Tuscan countryside.

NicholasHunter said:
Thank you I will have to do some more research. You think the demand will continue to lack even over summer? I was also thinking pp because it appears everything is detached comparing to a lot of other communities in Irvine have attached housing near by.

Yea PP looks to be less dense bc there are no attached product. Depending on where you buy in BP though, it looks like the attached stuff and the SFRs are nicely separated by parks and the school. If I was in your situation, I would personally wait for BP. 

Would PP be the step-child neighborhood once BP is built?  All the fun stuff would be at BP?? Even though it's only Irvine Blvd separating the two, would it feel like Stonegate East and Stonegate?  :-\

irvinehomeshopper said:
PP is isolated in the northern parcel. The major streets are being used by Portola Springs residents as a short cut. Unnecessary traffic cutting through PP is creating more wear and potential accidents. PP is not connected to the grand master plan of The Greatpark. Crossing Irvine Blvd with those orange bikes is not only difficult but life threatening. Irvine blvd is the artery consisting of local residential traffic as well as business traffic heading home to Corona.

The area of Plume will likely be zoned civic uses meaning no homes will be built above it. The map indicates the flow is migrating to Woodbridge thus in southwesterly direction. This premise will allow us to predict where the cultural, sports, civic, event venues and park system will likely be located. The plans that are floating on the Internet indicate there will be a high emphasis of sports uses.

RE speculation is all about making money riding along with the highest appreciation. Not all Irvine neighborhoods appreciate the same rate. Resale value ratio is based on the buyers perception and perceived quality of life. During the monopoly era new home buyers had limited choices between no yard and little yard. Most resale buyers rely on visual accessment and base their decision on what they see. Homes in the Greatpark will yield a higher resale value ratio because of bigger lots, ample neighborhood open spaces and meaningful park systems and trail system with real destinations. We have seen too many ghost trails with no real purpose leading to nowhere thus no people walk.

The entire Greatpark is a vast area. The number of homes is capped by the zoning approval. Since the developer can't squeeze more homes into a single drop of land surrounding  open space will be a huge differentiating factor setting it apart from other dense Irvine neighborhoods. From studying the maps and documents there are plenty of land not plume affected could accommodate residential and other uses.

Beacon Park is situated in the Greatpark with connectiing paths to cultural, civil, and entertainment venues. Unlike PP needing to cross Irvine Blvd a major street that becomes Trabuco, and 4th street connecting Mission Viejo, Lake Forest, Irvine, Tustin to OC's Civic Center in Santa Ana. BP will need to cross Trabuco but Trabuco will never be connected the the South County's Trabuco Road because Irvine Blvd took that position. Trabuco will never be a cross town artery thus it is safe to assume it is just a local collector road that has limited traffic seemingly much easier to cross.

Mediterranean beige box is out and Midcentury modernism and cottage vernacular are in. The American Dream of owning a literal white picket fence is now real in Irvine. The future texting generation buyers will want character and identity. They are raised with having the latest gadgets and spoiled with coolest luxuries. They will also want that in their home styling that made Hollywood and Venice Beach unique and certainly not something out of the Tuscan countryside.

Bridge will connect communities. I dont see much traffic from pp.

jmoney74 said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

Bridge will connect communities. I dont see much traffic from pp.

at least that was the sales lady told us when we first visited PP.

I don't get it. First, like j$ says, there's no logjam here. And what major streets?  Irvine blvd and ridge valley?  Just like  when I use sand canyon, jeffrey, trabuco, and/or irvine blvd to get home and pass by cypress village, woodbury and Stonegate?  And aren't ppl going to be going by beacon park to access all the commercial, retail, fun things in the GP?

How many homes will be in Beacon vs. Pavilion?  Will there be any apartments in Beacon or surrounding?  It looks like in general, biggest difference is more homes (although not sure how it compares to overall size) and the fact that their will be some attached units condo's in Beacon.  Will Beacon be similar to where it has one pool or more pools / parks? 

Also, does anyone know if facilities can be shared (so will people from PP be able to use Beacon's facilities, etc, since it is all part of the great park neighborhoods)? 

All facilities and ammenities that are of Great Parks can be access and share. So if you buy in PP or Beacon Park and any other future Great Park neighborhoods your Key Fob will be able to access and ultilize.

Compressed-Village said:
All facilities and ammenities that are of Great Parks can be access and share. So if you buy in PP or Beacon Park and any other future Great Park neighborhoods your Key Fob will be able to access and ultilize.

Have you seen this in writing anywhere?  I thought the same thing in Woodbury (that my Fob would work in Woodbury East), but it did not. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they keep pools and clubhouses available to only residence of that enclave.

aquabliss said:
Compressed-Village said:

Have you seen this in writing anywhere?  I thought the same thing in Woodbury (that my Fob would work in Woodbury East), but it did not. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they keep pools and clubhouses available to only residence of that enclave.

Woodbury and woodbury east are governed by separate and completely different CC&Rs. Pavilion Park is governed by the Great Park Neighborhoods CC&Rs which encompasses all how ever many thousands of homes. That said, there can be carve outs for the various "neighborhood facilities" and residents of different "neighborhoods" may not have access.  If I had to guess though, it's probably like Portola Speings. Different enclaves but key fob works for all the amenities.

During our registration for the bike and newspaper along with donating the laptop. One of the representatives at the clubhouse who work for the Great Park did mentioned about the development accross the street which is Beacon Park go on to mention that our Key Fob will have access to the amenities accross the street. At least that's how I know.

irvinehomeshopper said:
The collection of architectural styles at the Greatpark I heard will reflect the classic styles of American Heritage. This wide array of styles includes one of my favorites the Case Study Houses.
http://betterlivingsocal.com/case-study-house-1-modernist-architecture-meets-socal/

Are there any links that confirm this? If this is true, it's a very smart decision. I think you said it perfectly that "Mediterranean beige box is out and Midcentury modernism and cottage vernacular are in. The American Dream of owning a literal white picket fence is now real in Irvine. The future texting generation buyers will want character and identity. They are raised with having the latest gadgets and spoiled with coolest luxuries. They will also want that in their home styling that made Hollywood and Venice Beach unique and certainly not something out of the Tuscan countryside."

There seems to be quite a buzz about Beacon Park.  A lot of friends/family co-workers have asked me if I have any information about home size, pricing, etc. in Beacon Park.  Quite a few of them are interested in getting into the first Phase of Beacon after they've seen PP home values go up about 20%+ from Phase 1 pricing in 1.5 years time. 

Ironically (or perhaps not) half of them are Asian (though American born) and know perfectly well about the plans for the cemetery.  They say it doesn't bother them at all.  Of course this is just a small sampling but it seems like Beacon Park sales may be stronger than some are thinking, regardless of what is built down the street.

Time will tell.

aquabliss said:
There seems to be quite a buzz about Beacon Park.  A lot of friends/family co-workers have asked me if I have any information about home size, pricing, etc. in Beacon Park.  Quite a few of them are interested in getting into the first Phase of Beacon after they've seen PP home values go up about 20%+ from Phase 1 pricing in 1.5 years time. 

Ironically (or perhaps not) half of them are Asian (though American born) and know perfectly well about the plans for the cemetery.  They say it doesn't bother them at all.  Of course this is just a small sampling but it seems like Beacon Park sales may be stronger than some are thinking, regardless of what is built down the street.

Time will tell.

It's hard to say since it's not built yet. 

I have friends that are interested in beacon park as well. Not sure if phase 1 would offer the same bargain as PP.  Phase 1 for most builds was a slam dunk if one were to cash out today.

Back