Beacon Park Ellwood or Tustin Legacy Greenwood or wait for Eastwood?

soysen said:
Zenyatta1 said:
Eastwood is in a great location. We're getting a premium corner lot away from the freeway at Jasmine, but I've started feeling a bit of buyers remorse. On thing though, we wouldn't get 3.875% late next year, so there is that in our favor...

Yep, it's pretty high change by next Sept (when Eastwood phase closes) rates will be close to 5.
Very doubtful rates get that high by then unless the economy starts booming.

It's always nice to revisit threads to see what the reality vs the predictions are.

I believe rates have gone down so 5% in September does not seem likely.

We've been comparing Eastwood to Beacon Park the last two weekends and I feel Beacon Park overall is a better neighborhood in both layout and product selection.

I guess I'm just tired of TIC's typical box-on-box SFRs... you walk into almost every model and it's the same, garage and bedroom in the front, kitchen and great room in the back with a Cali room and small backyard. Go upstairs and you have a small master with a small closet and a few bedrooms, maybe a loft.

At least with Beacon Park, there is some variation in SFRs, some have extra dining spaces, multiple downstairs rooms, etc.  We saw Melody/Larkspur just to see what homes at that square footage are going for and while I like Lennar's "That's Included", I didn't like that only one model had an upstairs living space which made it feel really crowded upstairs.

The master bedrooms seemed larger in BP although in the larger homes, the master baths were too large. In lieu of those gigantic showers (was that really something buyers were looking for?), that space would have probably been put to better use as a bigger master closet or a second master closet.

Eastwood just seemed like Stonegate West and if I were buying, even with the higher prices and "double MRs", I would choose BP.

IHO,

What's your opinion of Greenwood? I really like Huntley Plan1.

irvinehomeowner said:
It's always nice to revisit threads to see what the reality vs the predictions are.

I believe rates have gone down so 5% in September does not seem likely.

We've been comparing Eastwood to Beacon Park the last two weekends and I feel Beacon Park overall is a better neighborhood in both layout and product selection.

I guess I'm just tired of TIC's typical box-on-box SFRs... you walk into almost every model and it's the same, garage and bedroom in the front, kitchen and great room in the back with a Cali room and small backyard. Go upstairs and you have a small master with a small closet and a few bedrooms, maybe a loft.

At least with Beacon Park, there is some variation in SFRs, some have extra dining spaces, multiple downstairs rooms, etc.  We saw Melody/Larkspur just to see what homes at that square footage are going for and while I like Lennar's "That's Included", I didn't like that only one model had an upstairs living space which made it feel really crowded upstairs.

The master bedrooms seemed larger in BP although in the larger homes, the master baths were too large. In lieu of those gigantic showers (was that really something buyers were looking for?), that space would have probably been put to better use as a bigger master closet or a second master closet.

Eastwood just seemed like Stonegate West and if I were buying, even with the higher prices and "double MRs", I would choose BP.

fe9000 said:
IHO,

You have been away.

There is just one question you need to ask... is it in Irvine?

As much as I am bored of the TIC selection, I would choose SG/EW/OH over Greenwood.

I know the qwertustin defenders disagree and Greenwood could end up being Laguna Altura 2.0 but Irvine is Irvine.

irvinehomeowner said:
fe9000 said:
IHO,

You have been away.

As much as I am bored of the TIC selection, I would choose SG/EW/OH over Greenwood.

I know the qwertustin defenders disagree and Greenwood could end up being Laguna Altura 2.0 but Irvine is Irvine.
May be R2D can answer this questions, what is the actual MR (not a percentage but the dollar amount) for Stafford at Greenwood?

With you price range. I will go Greenwood/Huntley or Orchard Hills/Terraza. Then it depends on your situations (age, kids, etc). If it is for me, I will go to Terraza.

FranchisePlr said:
If you had a choice between a house in Greenwood/Huntley and a house in Ellwood/Weldon, which would you choose?  Or wait for Eastwood and gamble on price hikes....

Greenwood/Huntley

Positives:
Greenwood location - Central Irvine and Hub for the freeways
Walking distance or very close to Whole Foods/Eating
More lot if you go with Huntley

Negatives:
Right beside Jamboree (backing it vs 133 of BP)
Apartments (and people that come with it) literally across the street

Ellwood/Weldon

Positives:
Neighborhood Feel, streets seem more wide open, always liked Pavilion Park type of neighborhood vs the same look of CV, SG
Irvine School District, Portola High and new K-8

Negatives:
Distance in Irvine (depending where you work/play)
Slightly higher MR

Want to buy in mid 800s to high 900s range.  Where else would you suggest or should I wait it out for Eastwood?

Yes I have. I have called you out in other posts recently but you didn't see it. Since fantasy basketball sucked, I will go look at houses.

irvinehomeowner said:
fe9000 said:
IHO,

You have been away.

fe9000 said:
Yes I have. I have called you out in other posts recently but you didn't see it. Since fantasy basketball sucked, I will go look at houses.

irvinehomeowner said:
fe9000 said:
IHO,

You have been away.

Ahh... sorry man.

I've been to Greenwood and the cost difference is nominal if you are comparing Huntley to Irvine product.

What specifically did you like about it?

I really like the floor plan even though the entry on the side. I thought the portico is pretty neat. The SQFT is just big enough with kitchen towards the rear of the house. Utility desks on the 2nd floor. I am ok with Jack and Jill but it only has one sink which is odd. The laundry room is to the side and not next to any room.

irvinehomeowner said:
fe9000 said:

irvinehomeowner said:
fe9000 said:
IHO,

You have been away.

Ahh... sorry man.

I've been to Greenwood and the cost difference is nominal if you are comparing Huntley to Irvine product.

What specifically did you like about it?

qwerty said:
Zenyatta1 said:
Eastwood is in a great location. We're getting a premium corner lot away from the freeway at Jasmine, but I've started feeling a bit of buyers remorse. On thing though, we wouldn't get 3.875% late next year, so there is that in our favor...

You Are probably right, you could get 3.5% then :)

Looks like you hit it.

Back