Beach Condo

almon_IHB

Ever since we moved to California, I have dreamt of owning a beach condo within walking distance to the beach. Nothing fancy, just a small place 800 or 900 sq ft, with 2 small bedrooms, that is within walking distance (5 minutes or less) to a real beach. I don't care whether it has stores nearby or if the neighborhood is quiet or loud either. It can be anywhere between Long Beach and the Mexican border, as long as the neighborhood is safe.

The amount I can spend on this may make some people laugh: under 400,000.

Does such a place exist?

Why such a long distance? In a few years i'm sure you will be able to get something decent in Pacific Beach (near San Diego) for that price point but I could not stand living in San Diego area as it is so far from civilization. I would rather wait patiently for something appealing in Huntington Beach or Laguna Beach in that price point. Personally I couldn't stand living near the beach as I'm not into surfing and prefer asian food.

<p>If you want to get something in Mexico. Just remember you dont really own it. Inside like 30 Miles of the beach its like a 30 year lease. But you could get a 2 bedroom on the beach in Rosarito for $ 250K easy. Go down and shop around. <a href="http://www.bajaonlinerealty.com/Rosarito/Baja_California/Homes/Rosarito/Calafia/Agent/Listing_1309267.html">http://www.bajaonlinerealty.com/Rosarito/Baja_California/Homes/Rosarito/Calafia/Agent/Listing_1309267.html</a> </p>

<p>For Gods sake dont even think about Oxnard. Like moving to Lompoc. Move south. People are so much nicer and its warmer. </p>

<p> </p>

its a shame the state pushed out all the manufactured home communities at crystal cove. i used to have several friends who either owned or rented at el morro park between corona del mar and laguna. sure you were living in a trailer park, but it was affordable, community was friendly, and you had near private access to the beach. wonderful times...

acpme, you can'e expect McMansions to retain their value when there is a trailer park in sight down the street. Once that development was approved, the "trailer trash" never stood a chance.

thanks everyone...oxnard is too far from irvine, but sunset beach and pacific beach sound good distance-wise...i'm going to look into how much condos go for there nowadays.

i'm not familiar with them though...can someone tell me why condos there would be lower than, say, in OC beach cities?

Back