basic Q's: IAC? agent?

joeldo_IHB

Basic questions from a newbie:

1. What is the IAC? What are the positives/negatives of renting from IAC?

2. How does one find a good renter's agent?

3. Would it be better to try to fly out for a couple days to find something to rent, or just to move out and stay in some sort of long term stay hotel while I look? Will have wife and young kids in tow.

Thanks!

Followup questions:

Starting to figure out what IAC is. This raises the next question. When deciding whether to rent a home from the private owner versus an apartment from IAC, will an agent assist in researching the financial status of the owner? Will an agent be able to demonstrate to me that the house is not 6 months from foreclosure?

IAC = Irvine Apartment Communities

- positives - they take care of everything fast, even changing lightbulbs.

- negatives - very expensive, we have a detached townhouse, 1000 sq ft, 2 bed 2.5 baths for $2,480, once our lease is up we will be moving to a single family home

[quote author="joeldo" date=1226748593]Followup questions:

Starting to figure out what IAC is. This raises the next question. When deciding whether to rent a home from the private owner versus an apartment from IAC, will an agent assist in researching the financial status of the owner? Will an agent be able to demonstrate to me that the house is not 6 months from foreclosure?</blockquote>

Looks like it's IrvineRealtor's day! I'm currently worlking with him and he checks financial status. PM (private message) him and he'll let you know what he can do.

[quote author="qwerty" date=1226754737]IAC = Irvine Apartment Communities

- negatives - very expensive, we have a detached townhouse, 1000 sq ft, 2 bed 2.5 baths for $2,480, once our lease is up we will be moving to a single family home</blockquote>

I can do better than that for a detached condo.

<strong><a href="http://www.realtor.com/search/listingdetail.aspx?loc=irvine,CA&bor=2&sid=924cf0ef01e04f7b9021b3ebc0022e6f&sby=3&lid=1104804296&lsn=1&srcnt=432">Realtor.com</a></strong>

<strong><a href="http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/apa/913850147.html">Craigslist</a></strong>

(Don't know if this breaks IHB rules but it's a direct comparison to qwerty's 2/2.5/1220 place for 12.7% less.)

/shill

The thing about all the irvine properties is that they have different amenities, go on the IAC website and see all different options and what you need.

The ghetto of Irvine Apartments is still a minimum of $1500 a month so be prepared to pay mortgage style rents.

Another thing to look at is renting a house because there are many renting out their under water mortgages. Make sure you do not put a big deposit or pay more than one month rent at a time because it seems that the landlord doesnt have to tell the tenant about it being foreclosed on... but i could be wrong.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1226791257]qwerty: Did I read this wrong? Did you say you have a detached IAC property? What do you mean??</blockquote>

I believe there are a few IAC communities that have detached condos...I believe....

[quote author="Roo" date=1226756468][quote author="joeldo" date=1226748593]Followup questions:

Starting to figure out what IAC is. This raises the next question. When deciding whether to rent a home from the private owner versus an apartment from IAC, will an agent assist in researching the financial status of the owner? Will an agent be able to demonstrate to me that the house is not 6 months from foreclosure?</blockquote>

Looks like it's IrvineRealtor's day! I'm currently worlking with him and he checks financial status. PM (private message) him and he'll let you know what he can do.</blockquote>

I second that!! He's a really nice Guy and if you can find a Private rental and everything works out you'll get a much nicer place for the same money..

There was a recent thread on this, I'll try and dig it up when I have more time...

[quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1226758012][quote author="qwerty" date=1226754737]IAC = Irvine Apartment Communities

- negatives - very expensive, we have a detached townhouse, 1000 sq ft, 2 bed 2.5 baths for $2,480, once our lease is up we will be moving to a single family home</blockquote>

<strong><a href="http://www.realtor.com/search/listingdetail.aspx?loc=irvine,CA&bor=2&sid=924cf0ef01e04f7b9021b3ebc0022e6f&sby=3&lid=1104804296&lsn=1&srcnt=432">Realtor.com</a></strong>

<strong><a href="http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/apa/913850147.html">Craigslist</a></strong>

(Don't know if this breaks IHB rules but it's a direct comparison to qwerty's 2/2.5/1220 place for 12.7% less.)

/shill</blockquote>

Wow, what a quality presentation. Even includes my pet peeve of omission, a floorplan!

[quote author="freedomCM" date=1226828040][quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1226758012][quote author="qwerty" date=1226754737]IAC = Irvine Apartment Communities

/shill</blockquote>

Wow, what a quality presentation. Even includes my pet peeve of omission, a floorplan!</blockquote>

I get to learn from you buyers here, too.

[quote author="eclipxe" date=1226800408][quote author="SoCal78" date=1226791257]qwerty: Did I read this wrong? Did you say you have a detached IAC property? What do you mean??</blockquote>

I believe there are a few IAC communities that have detached condos...I believe....</blockquote>

Wow, I never knew that!

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1226832232][quote author="eclipxe" date=1226800408][quote author="SoCal78" date=1226791257]qwerty: Did I read this wrong? Did you say you have a detached IAC property? What do you mean??</blockquote>

I believe there are a few IAC communities that have detached condos...I believe....</blockquote>

Wow, I never knew that!</blockquote>

Woodbury Place has detached townhomes with attached two car garages.

Back