Barcelona Irvine Spectrum vs Lago Orchard Hills

AJDA

Hi everyone. I am a first time buyer and quite new to Irvine and I?ve been looking at newly built homes by Irvine Pacific. Can anyone give me an insight as to why the exact same floor plan at Lago in Orchard Hills (residences 4 and 5) is close to 100K more expensive at Barcelona in Irvine Spectrum? Is there any ?catch? in OH or is Spectrum just considered to be a more desirable area? Thank you.

I'm also new to Irvine but anything south of the 405 or close is more expensive than the northern part of Irvine which is all relatively new

Orchard hills has the whole triple A asphalt issue. Where the smell of the asphalt just engulfs the entire community. So you get a discount for the asphalt smell

Orchard hills is further away from the coast.
Orchard hills has fire danger.

But mostly because it's further away from the beach.

Welcome to TI AJDA, as folks have mentioned below homes located south of the 405 trade a premium to homes north of the 5.  Yes, less fire danger but also about 5-8 degrees cooler.  You'll find communities like Laguna Altura, Quail Hill, Turtle Rock, and Turtle Ridge also trade at a premium for the same reasons.

Thank you guys for your responses. That makes sense. And good to know about the asphalt issue. Didn?t even know about it. Now I?ve researched the internet and it could definitely be a deal breaker if it?s that bad. Will definitely interrogate the sales consultants about it when I visit the sales gallery.  Thanks again and I?m so glad I found this site.

AJDA said:
Thank you guys for your responses. That makes sense. And good to know about the asphalt issue. Didn?t even know about it. Now I?ve researched the internet and it could definitely be a deal breaker if it?s that bad. Will definitely interrogate the sales consultants about it when I visit the sales gallery.  Thanks again and I?m so glad I found this site.

Make sure to go with an agent so you can split the broker co-op with the agent, Irvine Pacific is very strict when it comes to registering with an agent on your first physical visit to the sales office.

USCTrojanCPA said:
AJDA said:

Make sure to go with an agent so you can split the broker co-op with the agent, Irvine Pacific is very strict when it comes to registering with an agent on your first physical visit to the sales office.

I've found all locations are very strict unless you "know" one of the sales people really well and they can have you call in advance and then show up separately.

Cares said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
AJDA said:

I've found all locations are very strict unless you "know" one of the sales people really well and they can have you call in advance and then show up separately.

True but then you have to show up the same day normally, maybe the next day if the buyer came in towards the end of the day.

USCTrojanCPA said:
AJDA said:

I've always wondered why they have this policy. Why would I want to waste my agent's time if it turns out I don't like the homes?

Because if you just walked in on your own and then heard about the referral fee and decided "I'm going to find any agent to split me the fee" without the agent actually referring you there. They want to prevent paying out more money than they have to.

AJDA said:
Hi everyone. I am a first time buyer and quite new to Irvine and I?ve been looking at newly built homes by Irvine Pacific. Can anyone give me an insight as to why the exact same floor plan at Lago in Orchard Hills (residences 4 and 5) is close to 100K more expensive at Barcelona in Irvine Spectrum? Is there any ?catch? in OH or is Spectrum just considered to be a more desirable area? Thank you.

I was looking for places around that price point for a while, until I recently bought in Lake Forest, using USCTrojanCPA as my agent! 

Let me suggest you take a look at Portola Springs homes, you can definitely get more for your money there square footage wise.  It's a nice area as well, quiet and peaceful,  if just a bit less prestigious and scenic than Orchard Hills.

I ended up in Baker Ranch, which is just a few miles south of Altair in Irvine, but after looking at the detached condos in Orchard Hills, I would have definitely preferred say, The Bluffs to Lago.

As everyone else says, take an agent with you, as you go to tour these homes, and I can personally recommend USCTrojan (Martin).

Back