Ban Trophy Hunting

Paris167

I do not understand the concept of Trophy Killing and this heinous crime against an endangered, protected beautiful creature is infuriating! I hope they extradite and charge this idiot dentist to the maximum 15 year prison sentence and revoke his medical license.  We really need to Ban Trophy Hunting ESP when it involves endangered species

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/07/29/world/africa/american-hunter-is-accused-of-killing-cecil-a-beloved-lion-in-zimbabwe.html?_r=0&referrer=

Obviously this guy thinks that he is a real brave man - hunting with bow and arrow. And yet they are armed with guns in case SHTF. I wish someone would hunt him down and mount his head on his ass.

animals-lion-big_game_hunter-hunt-hunting-hunters-wpa0530_low.jpg

Why aren't there threads about all the unarmed Black people getting shot by cops?

I guess that's because animals are cute and racial minorities are not.  :'(

iacrenter said:
Why aren't there threads about all the unarmed Black people getting shot by cops?

I guess that's because animals are cute and racial minorities are not.  :'(

Just start one.

eyephone said:
iacrenter said:
I'm not sure if anyone cares about this issue.

Agree. There's more important issues in this country.

Everyone has their own priorities on important national and world issues - just look at the political circus show going on these days and every candidate will chime in on what's important to them.

I started this thread because I happen to think trophy hunting/ poaching and killing off ENTIRE species of animals on this earth (HUMAN CREATED MASS extiction) is a VERY slippery slope because once we start killing off species making them extict we indirectly destroy the biosystems that support us.  It is very likely that your grandchildren may never see a Tiger, Elephant or Rhino in their lifetime because at this rate they will be EXTINCT. There are only 3000 Tigers living in the wild to this day int he entire world. That is pretty damn sad. 

Sure people are worried about humans dying (whether it's aborted fetuses at Planned Parenthood or minorities senselessly killed at the hands of higher authorities) but just remember that there are close to 7 billion humans on this Earth. Death through these means or through disease processes are necessary natural means of human population control. 
Just saying "my opinion" - you all have different views - respect that diversity in opinions amongst your fellow TI members.

Paris said:
Sure people are worried about humans dying (whether it's aborted fetuses at Planned Parenthood or minorities senselessly killed at the hands of higher authorities) but just remember that there are close to 7 billion humans on this Earth. Death through these means or through disease processes are necessary natural means of human population control

You may want to be more eloquent when stating your opinion unless you really believe this racist nonsense.

Paris said:
eyephone said:
iacrenter said:
I'm not sure if anyone cares about this issue.

Agree. There's more important issues in this country.

Sure people are worried about humans dying (whether it's aborted fetuses at Planned Parenthood or minorities senselessly killed at the hands of higher authorities) but just remember that there are close to 7 billion humans on this Earth. Death through these means or through disease processes are necessary natural means of human population control

Then you must believe there is no need for doctors or hospitals for anyone. Just let people die, that would be a natural process of controlling the human population.

My statements are in no way racist. It is a FACT that minorities are unfairly targeted by higher authorities. I have personally been a target of racial profiling (including by Irvine PD on many occasions).  I am not saying this is ok - but these topics are not the point of the thread I started.

The thread I started was on the topic of Banning trophy hunting to preserve endangered wild life. If you are concerned about other world issues bring them up on ANOTHER thread. I'm not debating which "world issue" is more important than another. And my point is everyone has their priorities and this is a topic I'm personally passionate about - you don't have to agree with my passionate views.

I have dedicated my life's work to saving human life - that is my job every single day. I am in the front lines and work to literally save people who are in the process of dying. Often their life is in my hands and I have sacrificed much of my young life to train for years to be this advocate for human life. So NO I never let any human die if I can help it. It is my job under the Hippocratic Oath to preserve human life.

But natural death (from disasters, diseases, violence etc) is a natural part of life when there are 7 BILLION humans living on a Earth that is limited by resources skewed to the developed world or tied to money. It is going to happen and it happens as a natural way to control human population. Otherwise very quickly that 7 billion will become 22 billion and all those people from Santa Ana will be outside of your perfectly mancured neighborhoods in Irvine.

But when there are only 3000 wild Tigers in the world, an elephant is killed by a poacher every 15 minutes and the wildlife populations and our biodiversity is destroyed literally directly at the hands of selfish huamans that kill senselessly for a "trophy", to stroke their deflated Ego - that is a huge problem in my book and it needs to stop. And I strongly feel that every human living on this Earth has a responsibility to preserve and respect the planet and the oragnisms that are a part of it, minimize their carbon footprint - esp all of us who are considered so "priveledged" in a world where we are amongst the 1% wealthiest population worldwide. 

Back