Baker Ranch price per sq foot equal if not higher than Irvine ???

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but baker ranch doesn't have MR, so did you factor that into numbers?

True, no MR however baker ranch is selling well and for the price is same as PS. However, not the rest of Irvine.

well the PS location is similar to BR (boonies).  I actually know of several families selling PS to move into BR. They don't particularly care for the Irvine schools and since they already live in PS, what's another 5-10 mins south.

Yeah, I noticed that trend as well. Nobody wants to pay MR anymore. However I went to the schools in lake forest( Serrano intermediate and el toro high school) they are not that good overall in quality compared to the middle school in cypress and Portola high school.

foothill ranch elementary is fine.

Met a mom that moved to Irvine and bought in PS two years ago.  They came from South County and moved to Irvine specifically for the schools. 

Agree with the previous comments about good riddance to the MR. The schools are competitive, but the District is refusing to comment about all of the builders' fees going to support the families of BR. This is something The builders must address immediately or else all of the fees, used in place of MR, will go towards the older schools in SVUSD and not the schools the BR families will attend. The current Board doesn't seem to think many families will be moving in quickly enough to influence student populations. It sounds far fetched, but these BR families should advocate for a K-8 being built by the builders to service BR families and Foothill Ranch. Rancho and Bake would be a great location.

Back