Baker Ranch in Lake Forest / Foothill Ranch

SoclosetoIrvine said:
I'm pretty sure that is more the Camden Square folks than the Baker ranch.  From Camden Square, you can literally see Fish Grill outside your windows, so it's a 15 second walk.  They are building out and I think on their final phases which is probably the cause of more traffic at the stores

Yeah, that could be. But some came and left in cars.

I have to wonder if car use is part of the deal w/ Air BnB rentals. One Chinese(?) couple left the restaurant in a really old car with a license plate that started with a "2". It's been a long time since the 2s were issues. We're on 7s now. I think the Chinese have too much money to drive a car like that. My mind wondered if borrowing the car to get around town was included in the daily lodging or something. It would kind of make sense for the owner to lend out a car like that rather than an expensive car that's going to be a big liability. I dont' know, just a thought.

SoCal said:
SoclosetoIrvine said:
I'm pretty sure that is more the Camden Square folks than the Baker ranch.  From Camden Square, you can literally see Fish Grill outside your windows, so it's a 15 second walk.  They are building out and I think on their final phases which is probably the cause of more traffic at the stores

Yeah, that could be. But some came and left in cars.

I have to wonder if car use is part of the deal w/ Air BnB rentals. One Chinese(?) couple left the restaurant in a really old car with a license plate that started with a "2". It's been a long time since the 2s were issues. We're on 7s now. I think the Chinese have too much money to drive a car like that. My mind wondered if borrowing the car to get around town was included in the daily lodging or something. It would kind of make sense for the owner to lend out a car like that rather than an expensive car that's going to be a big liability. I dont' know, just a thought.

I've learned a woman's instincts are usually correct so I assume you're on to something...your thoughts definitely make sense in providing a means of transportation.  But few tibits at least from the chinese part I read before, the owner isn't there in the house so the airbnb people would have the home to themselves.  I highly doubt they would leave a car there to random strangers paying $50/day to stay at.  That just doesn't make any sense unless it was relatives.  Generally speaking, the "rich" Asians we often talk about here would never want to be seen in a cheap old car from the "2" license plate, they have literally millions of USD and usually pay cars and houses in cash to make sure their RMB doesn't lose value and just let them sit. 

There are lots of poor or just simple "Asians"...most usually not mainland Chinese, who buy a car many years ago and just keep driving it till it dies.  They don't believe in leasing and just rather just fix a car than buy a new one.  My parents are that way.  My dad drove his camry until it had 220k miles and died.  Maybe that car in particular just lasted a long time 

YellowFever said:
The owners should have translated everything to Chinese and only post on microblogs and forums in China and not put it on craigslist.. could risk getting caught by HOA and white people ratting them out. 

I would imagine the asian residents / owners in B.R. & F.R. would want to rat them out, too, though, because they're invested in this. Flop Houses aren't fun for any owner next door. Having to fight for parking with increased cars, questionable people coming & going all the time, living next to a party house, your property value being affected, etc. It's a people problem, not a race problem. (I'm not sure if that's what you were hinting at. Maybe it's not.) I know that I would still rat out my neighbors in a hot second even if they turned into a Scandinavian hotel.

all moved in.  unpacking begins. 

i had AT&T Fiber scheduled to come out yesterday and nobody showed up.  Can't beat the 1000/1000 for $70 a month.  I noticed Cox now has Gigablast in the area.  Wondering if they are going to force Cox on us.  Their 1000/1000 is $120/month. 

congrats on the move in

Can you please tell me where you found it for $70?
I was on their site and it was $80

Thanks

janthony6 said:
all moved in.  unpacking begins. 

i had AT&T Fiber scheduled to come out yesterday and nobody showed up.  Can't beat the 1000/1000 for $70 a month.  I noticed Cox now has Gigablast in the area.  Wondering if they are going to force Cox on us.  Their 1000/1000 is $120/month.

janthony6 said:
It was a loyalty deal in my movers deal.  I also have DIRECTV.  Just had my satellite installed yesterday.

You should tried YouTube tv or direct tv now or ps Vue or sling tv

I'll try those eventually.  I love DIRECTV quality though and need Sunday Ticket.  Cloud DVR is still new and has a lot of bugs and limitations.  Plus live 4K NBA, NFL, and ESPN are around the corner.  Must have.

USCTrojanCPA said:
eclipxe said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
orange911 said:
Has there been much appreciation in be?
Yeah, the folks that bought there early in 2014 saw appreciation of 20-25%.

Confirmed. Bought in mid 2014. Comps in my part of BR are about 20% higher than first sale.

I should have bought a Plan 3 Knolls as a rental...low $600s in phase 1.

Yep.. my regret was also not buying knolls on release. Mine was an early resale knolls plan 3. Thinking back, I didn't even hear anything about baker ranch back in 2014 until I randomly passed by looking for the nearest souplantation. If only I joined TI sooner lol

Some recent knolls sales. Prices reaching 30% appreciation
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Lake-Forest/26-Sage-92630/home/105614614

Plan 3 without view $800k sold
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Lake-Forest/12-Sage-92610/home/58553827

Plan 2 $775k sold 3 bed
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Lake-Forest/33-Clover-92630/home/58554397

$810k sold plan 3
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Lake-Forest/69-Clover-92630/home/58553860

Waiting for this one to sell .. would be a good future comp if it sells near asking  ;D

aquabliss said:
I'm wondering why this isn't selling:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Lake-Forest/24-Windflower-92610/home/58554188

2,950 sq ft under $1.2

House is well done, looks nice, good neutral upgrades, nothing crazy.  On the market almost 5 months and price has been lowered twice, now almost under $400 sq/ft. 

Seems like high end homes in BR ($1.2M+) don't have a lot of takers on the resale market.

This price you can get in Irvine.

Nice home, but the proximity to the schools will always be the issue. SVUSD has a new superintendent and maybe the HOA will organize itself and express the concern. The Board did suggest a study for a possible school site, but with declining enrollment districtwide it would need a lot of community input.

Kangen.Irvine said:
Nice home, but the proximity to the schools will always be the issue. SVUSD has a new superintendent and maybe the HOA will organize itself and express the concern. The Board did suggest a study for a possible school site, but with declining enrollment districtwide it would need a lot of community input.

good point.  That's where MRs come into play. 

aquabliss said:
I'm wondering why this isn't selling:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Lake-Forest/24-Windflower-92610/home/58554188

2,950 sq ft under $1.2

House is well done, looks nice, good neutral upgrades, nothing crazy.  On the market almost 5 months and price has been lowered twice, now almost under $400 sq/ft. 

Seems like high end homes in BR ($1.2M+) don't have a lot of takers on the resale market.

Main thing that sticks out to me for that one is lot size - it is exceptionally small. At the $1.2M+ range, you don't need acres, but something more than your CA room is sorta expected.

It's also competing with Highlands East new at a lower price point. Now that HE is sold out, will be interesting to see if there's any takers.

Builders hurt resale value by allowing customers to cheap out and take the ugly options instead of giving them a better choice for modern design.  Houses like 13 Goldenrod - that's decent house with a good size but those cabinets and everything inside of it....that's a shame.

Back