Baker Ranch in Lake Forest / Foothill Ranch

id_rather_be_racing said:
I'm aware of that plume, but SoClosetoIrvine's post is referring an "Edison plume coming".  Wasn't sure if that was reference to 2 different things or a new one.

AW said:
Plume refers to the toxic base
http://articles.latimes.com/2014/jan/27/local/la-me-0128-el-toro-20140128

Can't seem to find the older articles for updated images. But you can google and the image will show the affected area

Same plume...sorry for the confusion with the bad wording...got mixed up with another article on here.  That was a separate topic for a Edison substation coming that companies like vizio are fighting...I don't believe it's in the cypress village east area

www.nosubstation.com

gives a map of the area.  it's closer to hidden canyon/altura

orange911 said:
Anyone know if there is a full court basketball court in br?  Also which park do you visit most often?

There's a full court basketball at the baker ranch community park
I like Arbors Club.  Not many people there, has pool and bbq and seating area, also a pokemon stop
If you are into swimming, they just opened the vista swim club that has the 5000 sq junior olympic size pool  ;)

They are finally opening a sushi place near baker ranch right next to the starbucks.

The place is getting better and better.

Etinchen said:
They are finally opening a sushi place near baker ranch right next to the starbucks.

Have you tried Sushi Time 5 minutes up the street?  Not good for dine-in but food is authentic, sushi quality is good and prices are low.

SoclosetoIrvine said:
Agree.  Location wise Tustin Legacy is definitely prime.  Right smack in middle of 5 and 405 freeway.  However super high MR's (for Tustin) road noise from Jamboree/the air base right next door/upcoming Stater Bros (and the crowd that will follow) made it hard to purchase there as I looked there as well

Seems every place has its own negatives.  Cypress village east apparently has a Edison plume coming, Eastwood has mobile homes, Portola springs III has the cementery, Parosal Park, Great Park, and Cypress Village have the super high MR

Seems you can't win wherever you go...
I would rather buy resale in Irvine, no MRs and better locations.

I can't fathom paying $1m+ in Lake Forest... but that's me.

I don't even think qwertustin would spend over $1m in Legacy.

:)

aquabliss said:
Etinchen said:

Have you tried Sushi Time 5 minutes up the street?  Not good for dine-in but food is authentic, sushi quality is good and prices are low.

Ozen Sushi is also really closeby. Besides Ozen and Sushi Time, there's also Ahi Ahi.

Hi, I just went to baker ranch new phase site. I realized it is closed to ready mixed concrete  :-\
Anyone notices it ? Will this impact to the resell value/air etc?
Pls help. Thanks.

Findinghome said:
Hi, I just went to baker ranch new phase site. I realized it is closed to ready mixed concrete  :-\
Pls help. Thanks.

You mean Robertsons on Towne Center?  It's not too close is it?  I thought that place was all the way up Alton across from In-N-Out

aquabliss said:
Findinghome said:
Pls help. Thanks.

You mean Robertsons on Towne Center?  It's not too close is it?  I thought that place was all the way up Alton across from In-N-Out

it's actually immediately NE of what appears to be homesites (could be a park i dunno) on towne center S, south of the 241.

so no elementary school, escaped inmates from musick, and now a concrete factory?  ???

eclipxe said:
We're upgrading in Baker Ranch. Just purchased in the Trails.

Saw those homes last time.  Big congrats! Amazing models  8)

shawnanicole said:
Hi all,
Did anyone go to the Baker Ranch phase release for "The Rowe" today?

I just saw the models finally yesterday.  the Prices for the plan 1 around 550k, plan 2 around 570k and the plan 3 is around 600k now.  The plan 2 was well built I would say for that price.  I would say if anyone is looking, this would be the time.  If prices continue to increase each phase, might make more sense to get a larger detached product instead. 

eclipxe said:
Anyone going to the grand opening on the 4th?

I'll be going! Not looking to buy, but free food and drinks? Sign me up all day  8)
That vista swim club is one of the best I've seen, I love it. It's better than anything made in Irvine Company imo.  heard online there's a drawing for disney tickets? haha wish me luck!

How's the ant situation in Baker Ranch?  Is it still bad? We almost bought in Parkview (Toll Bros) but backed out.  There were WAY too many ants in the models and at the specific lot we reserved.  We even talked to one of the newly moved in neighbors and they said the ant problem was pretty bad. 

My_Alter_Ego said:
How's the ant situation in Baker Ranch?  Is it still bad? We almost bought in Parkview (Toll Bros) but backed out.  There were WAY too many ants in the models and at the specific lot we reserved.  We even talked to one of the newly moved in neighbors and they said the ant problem was pretty bad.

Ants are all over Irvine too.  After all, the UCI mascot is the anteater.

Kind of crazy your dealbreaker was ants.  It's a problem everywhere.

Back