Baker Ranch in Lake Forest / Foothill Ranch

There is a Baja Fish taco right off the freeway by the auto center on Lake Forest Drive (maybe that is Laguna Hills?) and than there is another one, but that might technically be RSM. Either way, I don't know what any of this has to do with overweight residents. 

Maybe you guys mean Baja Fresh instead of Baja Fish Tacos. There is a Baja Fresh at Lake Forest Dr. & Dimension. The only Baja Fish Tacos nearby is in Mission Viejo - next to Trabuco Hills High School.

SoCal said:
Maybe you guys mean Baja Fresh instead of Baja Fish Tacos. There is a Baja Fresh at Lake Forest Dr. & Dimension. The only Baja Fish Tacos nearby is in Mission Viejo - next to Trabuco Hills High School.

What are your thoughts on the 99 cent store near the toll road?

SoCal said:

I meant the one in RSM off Portola / RSM Pkwy.  Just a quick drive up Rancho to Portola from FR.  That is some good grub.

I've been here two years now. Love love love Baker Ranch. Just like Irvine but got way more house (and driveway and backyard). Neighbors are mostly ex-Irvinites as well. Great location - we're close to everything we like in Irvine and we've discovered some nice South County spots.

OC is great because it's right between LA and SD. Baker Ranch is the same way - just in the middle to North OC and South OC destinations.

Overall the neighborhood has exceeded our expectations. The parks keep getting better, we've used the clubhouse for several big parties, and the neighbors are super friendly and down to earth. I love it here.

Our house starts building at the end of the month.  Options add up fast.  We're already at 1.2 and still have to do counters and flooring!

My final walk thru at the Rowe is this week. COE is in 2 weeks. I can't wait to move!

Thank you all for your insights. Information here has certainly helped me with decision making.

eyephone said:

That's obviously not good but Baker ranch residents are attached to these schools

Foothill Ranch Elementary
Serrano IS Middle School
El Toro High

elusive said:
My final walk thru at the Rowe is this week. COE is in 2 weeks. I can't wait to move!

Thank you all for your insights. Information here has certainly helped me with decision making.

You guys will love it here!  The amenities really are great at no MR
The clubhouse is nice, the parks are nice and everyone is really friendly

In n out is up the hill as well as Souplantation for breakfast (sign up for coupons)
Location wise, you can take Alton straight to Bake or where Irvine Spectrum is to reach the 5 or 405 faster or you literally are 5 mins away everything from Irvine

If Baker Ranch had new schools within the community, I'd have bought there.  Was the one thing I couldn't get over.  Otherwise, by and large I really liked BR (very convenient location if you are looking for a new build and awesome having no MR). 

Jail is the other major negative.  Tustin Legacy is the most convenient of all new builds (from a pure geographic perspective). 

Bullsback said:
If Baker Ranch had new schools within the community, I'd have bought there.  Was the one thing I couldn't get over.  Otherwise, by and large I really liked BR (very convenient location if you are looking for a new build and awesome having no MR). 

Jail is the other major negative.  Tustin Legacy is the most convenient of all new builds (from a pure geographic perspective). 

Agree.  Location wise Tustin Legacy is definitely prime.  Right smack in middle of 5 and 405 freeway.  However super high MR's (for Tustin) road noise from Jamboree/the air base right next door/upcoming Stater Bros (and the crowd that will follow) made it hard to purchase there as I looked there as well

Seems every place has its own negatives.  Cypress village east apparently has a Edison plume coming, Eastwood has mobile homes, Portola springs III has the cementery, Parosal Park, Great Park, and Cypress Village have the super high MR

Seems you can't win wherever you go...

Can someone tell me what the demographics are like in Baker Ranch currently? I hadn't been paying too much attention to B.R. up until now aside from casual browsing but lately, I've been thinking about buying there in a few years once my kid doesn't need to live near our current schools.

SVUSD hasn't faced the reality yet, but they will have to open an elementary school on the vacant land adjacent to Bake/Rancho/Lake Forest. This will directly benefit Baker Ranch.

At board meetings, the trustees claim there are not many families who are moving into the community. IMO, this is where the families of BR need to work together with the school board candidates to show the need for a new school nearby. They want your vote, therefore show them your needs.

Remember there are no MR but these fees were pre-paid by the builder. If families do not voice their concerns, then the money will go straight to the district and be allocated for other needs...probably older school modernization.

SoCal said:
Can someone tell me what the demographics are like in Baker Ranch currently? I hadn't been paying too much attention to B.R. up until now aside from casual browsing but lately, I've been thinking about buying there in a few years once my kid doesn't need to live near our current schools.

The demographics currently are just like Irvine from about 5 years ago before the FCB started flowing in. Lots of young couples that all seem like they are working couples.  Lots of growing families with little ones coming in.  Majority still white I would say, with some Asian as well...haven't seen any FCB yet. 

Can you expand on the Edison plume for CV East? Are you talking about the substation on ridge valley and trabuco? 

SoclosetoIrvine said:
Bullsback said:

Agree.  Location wise Tustin Legacy is definitely prime.  Right smack in middle of 5 and 405 freeway.  However super high MR's (for Tustin) road noise from Jamboree/the air base right next door/upcoming Stater Bros (and the crowd that will follow) made it hard to purchase there as I looked there as well

Seems every place has its own negatives.  Cypress village east apparently has a Edison plume coming, Eastwood has mobile homes, Portola springs III has the cementery, Parosal Park, Great Park, and Cypress Village have the super high MR

Seems you can't win wherever you go...

Back