Baker Ranch in Lake Forest / Foothill Ranch

aquabliss said:
Wow, if you look at the site map for both Terraces and Summit, a good number of lots are already sold or have deposit.  Phase 1 and maybe 2 must be sold out before the models even open.  Not bad.

I wonder what the premium is for Summit view lots?  Anyone know?

pretty big lot premium. went to see both terraces and summit recently because we were interested in them. took a look at most of the models that were under constructions (terraces was just not big enough but should look fairly luxurious regardless when finished). was a bit disappointed in the size of the rooms for summit's home after setting foot in. just didn't feel like the size of room a  3.8k-4k sq ft home should be. (short of master).

most of the view lots are on a bigger lot too so coupled with that, it can be a large difference.

for example for the Del Rey (plan 2):

site 14 - $1.497
site 53 - $1.475
site 35 - $1.509
site 11 -$1.560
site 49 - $1.660 <- 7k sqft lot + view
site 5 - $1.523

these prices may not be effective anymore since its been a week.

for those interested in del ray like we were.. lot 5 and 35 are excellent IMO.

lot 5 has a wider side, given its a side entrance it'll be a nice addition. its 13 feet vs the typical 5 feet in most of the lots. this gives it around 26 feet from the door to the side wall of your home. (vs normal lots of around 18 feet). plus a 29 feet driveway.

lot 35 has a much deeper backyard at about 30 feet, vs the typical 22-25.

anyways i really liked the del ray but it doesn't seem like it'll fit our need completely. and at this price point you probably should get what you want, else whats the point.

aquabliss said:
Goriot said:
aquabliss said:
Somebody paid close to $1.25M for this Highlands resale:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Lake-Forest/15-Windflower-92630/home/101627747

interesting.

I think it's just pending? I think it will probably close little below that at $400/sqft.  The home is actually pretty nice with tons of upgrades and completed landscape.  Took 6 months to sell with multiple price drops.

I think the price is perfectly fair at 15% to 20% discount to comparable Irvine home with similar upgrades.

You think the sellers may actually be losing money?  I'm thinking they closed around $1.1M after builder upgrades, then window coverings, etc. then $80k landscaping (which may be more since the side yard is pretty huge), then after realtor fees, not much left to go around.

Closed yesterday for $1.2M ($397 / sq ft).  I don't think there was much money (if any) made by the sellers here after all they put into it.

Highlands East + Crossings pricing sheet.

Attachments

• highlands east 1.JPG
    highlands east 1.JPG
    257.1 KB · Views: 437
  • highlands east 2.JPG
    highlands east 2.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 328
  • the crossings.JPG
    the crossings.JPG
    299.7 KB · Views: 422
The crossings seem like a great deal for that price

It looks similar to crestline but instead of 5 in a little hub it's 4
unless someone else can tell me more of the differences, and maybe slightly bigger driveway.  I'll make to go check it out this weekend

I only had money to afford the peake, crazy what 100k more can get you  :'(

2 years ago if you told me mid/high $800k motorcourts in Lake Forest would be considered a good deal today I'd be like....  :eek:

I just came back from the Parkview Redwood model. The downstairs shrine to Steve Jobs... the Star Wars room with loud intro theme music on a loop... the kid's meth lab chem lab... it was definitely one of the weirdest model homes I'd ever seen.

SoCal said:
I just came back from the Parkview Redwood model. The downstairs shrine to Steve Jobs... the Star Wars room with loud intro theme music on a loop... the kid's meth lab chem lab... it was definitely one of the weirdest model homes I'd ever seen.

I remember that one.  Hilarious.  Let's not forget that loft where there's three seperate TVs and a big black couch.  What are they going to do?  Watch three seperate movies?

Supposedly all of the models have already sold and they are already on phase 4 for Crossings which is across Alton Parkway so it looks like they've been selling well.  As far as PPS for Crossings it ranges from $370 - $435 with the cheapest models backing Alton.

Highlands East PPS ranges from $395 - $470 (wow).  They also already sold some of the models there as well. 

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Lake-Forest/16-Bellflower-92610/home/104021711 - $571 PPS model
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Lake-Forest/16-Wild-Rose-92630/home/104238219 - $501 PPS model
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Lake-Forest/10-Wild-Rose-92630/home/104242034 - $494 PPS model

collected said:
SoCal said:

I remember that one.  Hilarious.  Let's not forget that loft where there's three seperate TVs and a big black couch.  What are they going to do?  Watch three seperate movies?

Supposedly all of the models have already sold and they are already on phase 4 for Crossings which is across Alton Parkway so it looks like they've been selling well.

Yep, the loft setup looks like a gamer's dream.

Yeah, I first went to the sales office at The Crossings. Since their models aren't ready until September, they pointed me towards the Parkview models which are still open just to serve as a visual representation for The Crossings. Same exact plans, just sized differently.

Looks like they're building new models in the Highlands East location.  Either that or it's just the first phase right next to the sales trailer.

irvinehomeowner said:
How is it living here? I forgot who bought here instead of Irvine.

I don't live in BR but very close by.  It's feels just like Irvine.  Everyone stays indoors with their window blinds shut.  Only thing missing is the Irvine schools.

No problems with traffic.  405 South during rush hour isn't bumper to bumper until Lake Forest Dr.  I feel bad for those living in Ladera Ranch if they have to work in Irvine. 

aquabliss said:
Don't forget Jersey Mikes and Baja Fish Taco.  Lake Forest is prime for overweight residents.

There's no Baja Fish Tacos in Foothill Ranch or Lake Forest that I'm aware of. However, there is a Rubio's and Wahoo's in F.R.

Back