Baker Ranch in Lake Forest / Foothill Ranch

I said it from the beginning...the pricing is just off.  Market is not what it was 2 years ago and the buyers can be much choosier.  I mean, if one is going to spend $1 million+ on a house, why not wait for Orchard Hills. 

BR needed to price their products about $100K lower to get people to really think about going there.  It was bad pricing on their part and because the builders got greedy.  They should have priced the houses are near bargain levels to get the community going.  Not necessary loss leaders but at least something to make people what to go there over Irvine.

Incentives don't really work IMO because you still need to make the commitment to go to BR in the first place.    A California room is not going to do much.

Need to lower it by $200k for me and JMoney to buy there as an investment.  Don't really see an upside of the location though...

qwerty said:
I think YL is more affluent than LF

Lake Forest estimated median household income in 2011: $100,748

Yorba Linda estimated median household income in 2011: $111,379

SoCal said:
qwerty said:
I think YL is more affluent than LF

Lake Forest estimated median household income in 2011: $100,748

Yorba Linda estimated median household income in 2011: $111,379

Yeah but I think there is more old money? They seem to support the million dollar market better, you do get much more house and land though. You grew up there right? You would know better than me. I have limited knowledge of the city from when we were looking there

As of Sunday Palisades at The Highlands are sold out.  There are a couple of Shasta and San Gabriel available.

Meggie said:
As of Sunday Palisades at The Highlands are sold out.  There are a couple of Shasta and San Gabriel available.

I think Highlands is releasing their phase 2 today.  Their location is even worse than the Heights... all the Phase 1 and Phase 2 are either right up against a warehouse, or you will have to look at the warehouse every time you drive down the street to get to your home. 

Most expensive homes in the neighborhood and they put them in an awful location.

SoCal said:
On a different note, I am thinking about going to take more photos @ Baker Ranch. Thought I would check and see which tract people are interested in having pics of. (I already posted photos of The Knolls, all 3 models, within the O.C. Real Estate Board.)

Try this time for Ridgewood and also add voting on model plan rating.

irvinehomeowner said:
@SoCal:

Are you really considering buying at BR?

Is it the new home smell?

I just think that Foothill Ranch is a better value/location/floorplan choice.

I'm not hell-bent on it. But yeah, will consider future opportunities that may present themselves. Reasons? Well. Upstairs laundry, mainly. I wouldn't exactly gripe at deferred maintenance either. That is IF it is a quality construction, but I realize that's no guarantee. I would say those are the two main reasons. May keep an eye towards more square footage but it's not a must.

I picked 2011 as the year we should buy - couldn't be happier about that. Bought a home under comps, improved it. As a result I am delighted with the amount of equity we've acquired in that period of time. We're in a good position. Might go with the flow - roll it over into another home.

Like you said. Happy with the current location, though. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Happy with things not offered in new homes. I need my cathedral ceilings. Would miss that a lot. I feel suffocated without them. Love my lot size & yard/s. Never gonna find that again. It wasn't even supposed to happen here. It was a fluke. The tract I'm in was supposed to have much larger homes on the lots but there was an unforeseen change of plans! I benefited from a lucky mistake. Like the privacy. That's hard to come by. In the new homes I feel like I'm living in a fishbowl. I like having a traditional floor plan instead of the all-encompassing "Great Room". Like the neighborhood. I'd be fine staying. Last but not least - we ABHOR moving!

I'm pretty utilitarian. At the end of the day, a house is just a place to keep the rain off your head. That's just how I am about mostly everything.

We are debating BR now that Irvine is getting expensive. Surprisingly, highlands is selling well, despite being near jail and industrial buildings. I'm just not sure about resale in the future. But they are selling even at these prices.

I wonder if Highlands lot 6 has been sold.  I was really close to putting a deposit on that one but I couldn't bring myself to putting $1.1M into a Lake Forest home.

I would think twice about it before buying here.  Your smaller, more expensive Irvine home will be increase in value more than BR. 

Also I really believe city of Irvine will not be successful in stopping the jail expansion.  In 5 years from now the inmate population will probably increase by 50%.  Check Google Maps arial satellite view and you'll see how much undeveloped land they have there, scary.  Also they will be opening an entrance to the jail right off Alton (you can see the cutout already).  I drive up Alton to work every day and I see the "OC Sheriff" buses about twice a week.  It's fine on the way to work, but not something I want to see right by my home every day.

I admit I was pretty pro BR for quite awhile but as time went on, I realized that I was just trying to talk myself into it and it wasn't the best choice to raise my family.

Anybody go to the phase 3 release for the Knolls on Saturday? I finally decided to opt out and not go. My wife and I were number 4 or 5 on the list but decided that it just wasn't right for us anymore. Curious to know if all 9 or so homes in the phase went and to see if prices increased over phase 2.

Here is the price list for Knolls.
I noticed for model 3 now shows 2.5 bath and less square feet, see home site 79.
This time they did not called names in priority list who did not show up...
Around 15 differed and all homes are sold.

This Saturday Shea called for Knolls only and looks like Ridgewood phase is sleeping?..

Attachments

• Knolls Phase 3.png
    Knolls Phase 3.png
    114.1 KB · Views: 510
Back