Baker Ranch in Lake Forest / Foothill Ranch

If you go to the website, they are there.  I'm assuming each price is for the smallest floorplan.  $350+ per sq. ft? No thanks Jeff

Disappointed Ridgewood models with $370/SFT more than to Irvine Pavilion Park (Beachwood models)

Saving only on Mello Roos taxes = missing top-rated Irvine schools.

It's a definite trade off. Irvine demographic is changing and we are worried about having neighbors that don't really care for the community aspects of things.  (I'm Asian and I know how it is).

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
What are the pros lake forest to irvine?
None
Cheap haircuts

Albatross

The Hat

Slater's 50/50

Sizzler

Was Walmart but Irvine has 2 of those now

Less Homie haters

Frostings Cupcakes

and SoCal home cooking

Cons to LF/FR:

One of the cons is that nearly 100 kids come and knock on your door at the end of October begging for some type of treat.

I also hear that there are block parties where neighborhoods block the street impeding traffic to stand there, eat, drink, and socialize.

If you go by SoCal's neighborhood, they also have hills there.  So if you ever want to go on a walk, you have to deal with walking on inclines and declines.

There is also a large open area so wild animals like owls may land on your house and eat your little pets.

You may also go on a walk and find yourself lost in the  middle of nowhere in Whiting Ranch surrounded by nature.

On a more serious note - a major drawback to FR/LF is the limited higher end housing. 

Edit: yes, many Irvine neighborhoods do have what I listed above.  The post is for  ;D

jmoney74 said:
It's a definite trade off. Irvine demographic is changing and we are worried about having neighbors that don't really care for the community aspects of things.  (I'm Asian and I know how it is).
AKA The Homie Effect

There are a lot of new owners now that don't speak any english over at SG and now PP. decisions decisions. On another note, br is located near the jail.

Anybody drive around this area yet?  Wonder what stores/shops/gyms are near by.

jmoney74 said:
Anybody drive around this area yet?  Wonder what stores/shops/gyms are near by.

Yeah. When you go up the road, you get to the Foothill Ranch Town Center.

Inka Mamma's (Peruvian food)
Sports Chalet where I always see Brandi from Storage Wars.
Regal Cinema - it's a nice big theater.
Nestle Cafe
Target, my home away from home.
24 Hour Fitness - my gym I never visit.
Home Depot
Lots of restaurants - Ozen Sushi, two Greek places, Outback, Peppino's, NY Pizza, Pizza Hut, etc. On the other side of the street: California Fish Grill, Eleven46 (Vietnamese place, just tried it a couple days ago), Hawaiian place, ...

Staples closed. Hobby Lobby opened (not at the same spot.)

Got questions? Let me know.

@SoCal.. how about the feel.  Do you feel like it's like Irvine or more like Lake forest?  Not saying LF is bad.. but just wondering.

jmoney74 said:
@SoCal.. how about the feel.  Do you feel like it's like Irvine or more like Lake forest?  Not saying LF is bad.. but just wondering.

LOL

It's like asking Qwerty, does Tustin feel like Irvine or asking Panda if JC is like Irvine...

Nothing feels like Irvine! Irvine #1!!!!!

homer_simpson said:
jmoney74 said:

LOL

It's like asking Qwerty, does Tustin feel like Irvine or asking Panda if JC is like Irvine...

hey i dont lie to myself, ive acknowledged my areas shortcomings and benefits.  ive always maintained irvine has a better look/feel than where i live, i kind of think of where i live as irvine west :)

qwerty said:
homer_simpson said:
jmoney74 said:

LOL

hey i dont lie to myself, ive acknowledged my areas shortcomings and benefits.  ive always maintained irvine has a better look/feel than where i live, i kind of think of where i live as irvine west :)

LOL I know!! I just enjoy making a stink haha!

jmoney74 said:

It depends what "it" is. Do you mean Baker Ranch? Or Foothill Ranch? As I pointed out at the beginning of this thread, the title is misleading. Baker Ranch and Foothill Ranch are two different neighborhoods. FR lies north of the transportation corridor, with the majority of it nestled up in the hills. BR is south. The assigned schools may be different, too. BR won't come out already and say what elementary school they will attend. There have been rumors but no facts. The middle school and high schools are different, though. I do not prefer the high school BR will attend. I prefer Trabuco which is where FR attends. From what I've seen of BR so far, I prefer the location of FR to BR as well but will keep an open mind until I visit the models. (I live in FR.)

To me, FR and BR (from what I can tell so far) feel very different than the part of Lake Forest proper which includes the areas closer to the freeway. That might be the LF you think of when you think of LF. That is what I think of. That's why I say I live in "Foothill Ranch" and not "Lake Forest.  :) Any city has its good parts and rundown areas. In Irvine, the oldest of the old and the newest of the new, look drastically different from one another, imo. It's the same way in Lake Forest, too. For ex: The Lake Forest where Iho gets his haircut looks nothing like where I live, whatsoever. Generally, the further you get from the freeway, the newer & usually nicer the area is. An exception may be the Lake Forest Keys homes which are older homes closer to the freeway in the $1.5M range.

So, does BR feel more like Irvine or more like Lake Forest proper? Well, having not been inside the new development yet, I'd guess neither. FR feels a lot less congested than the new villages of Irvine. To me, it feels more like "South O.C." if south O.C. were a "feeling".  :) Also, here in FR it is not a renter's paradise with tons of transitional housing. (And yes, I've lived in Irvine, too.) My guess is BR leans more in the FR direction from what I've read and seen of the schematics but we'll see. The only similarities I can think of between BR and LFP would be the schools. The demographics change as you get into the older areas - their schools have more Hispanics. Near the freeway, forget Irvine vs Lake Forest - it's more like Tijuana. At at least one of the elementary schools, the rate is so high they have a complete Spanish immersion program!! Some parents purposely send their non-Hispanic kids to school there to be immersed in the program & become fluent in a new language. Unfortunately, though, those schools also face some challenges. The demographics, API scores, yadda yadda change as you sprawl out towards the hills. If BR is assigned to the school I think they will be, it might be more similar to LFP. If they go to FR Elementary, well, then more like Irvine but with a catch -- circa the year 2000!

qwerty said:
homer_simpson said:
jmoney74 said:

LOL

What about that neighborhood across from Irvine high school? The one with the missing letters on the sign at the entrance. Can't think  of what it's called. It's so run down. Villages of Columbus looks beautiful. Isn't that where you live? It reminds me of the back lot at Universal Studios where they created "Wisteria Lane" for Desperate Housewives. It's picture-perfect whenever I've driven through there.

Back