Bad realtors

Stuff It_IHB

There is a thread about recommending good realtors, can anyone offer any experience with bad realtors that we should keep away from?

I was thinking of starting a similar thread.

I made alot of mistakes with my first home purchase. Many! But the main was using the selling agent to represent me and the seller (BIG MISTAKE) This paticular broker intentionally took advantage of me (first time home buyer), I grossly over payed, many items in the house should have been negotiated/fixed,few vital things were not "properly" disclosed, she changed the contract on me at the last minute, the list goes on.

She has a horrible rep in our community where she specializes. I wish there was a forum where I can state her name. Most realtors are scum and their priorities are their commission! Do your homework, use redfin!

Get an independent lawyer to double and triple check all documentation and to help you negotiate even a better deal!

<p>Is this not such a forum? They say all real estate is local. The agents' reputations are too, and ought to be shared.</p>

<p><em>"I made alot of mistakes with my first home purchase. Many! But the main was using the selling agent to represent me and the seller (BIG MISTAKE) This paticular broker intentionally took advantage of me (first time home buyer), I grossly over payed, many items in the house should have been negotiated/fixed,few vital things were not "properly" disclosed, she changed the contract on me at the last minute, the list goes on."</em></p>

<p>A point I try to make here often is <strong>not to use the listing agent as a dual agent since there usually a long history and relationship with the seller</strong>. Your best bet is to get a tough buyers agent to represent you as a buyer.</p>

<p>Regards

</p>

Kali,

Who was the realtor? Isn't it your social duty to inform every one on IHB so that they don't make the same mistakes and people can learn? Just trying to apply some peer pressure

Back