Bad Feng Shui? House behind is higher elevation

furioussugar

Does anyone know if it is bad feng shui if the house behind yours is a higher elevation?  At what point of measure does it make a difference?  (ie. 6 feet, etc)

No Feng Shui for that.. although it says you shouldn't have a sloping land behind you. 

Thanks Jmoney74- 

What is there is a small slope on your side of the fence,  as the fence line would be level to the house behind you?  How much "slope" is OK before it becomes "bad feng shui"?

What if your home sits below a bowling alley and on top of another bowling alley?

furioussugar said:
How much "slope" is OK before it becomes "bad feng shui"?

As long as the slop is not tall enough to cause mudslide and cause damage to your home, you'll be ok.

I thought back against a hill/slop is good Feng Shui and facing a hill was bad.  Then I look it up and it is depend on location of the house on the hill.  I know its probably not a hill but these info might help. 

When your house is built along a hillside, being in mid levels is better than being right at the peak.
If there is higher land behind your house, this always provides support for the home, even when it is built on downward sloping land. This is like living in a valley. As long as the road in front of you is lower than the house itself, or is at least level to the house, the feng shui stays positive.
http://ftp.wofs.com/index.php/fs-fi...s-46/710-feng-shui-solution-living-on-a-slope

http://redlotusletter.com/feng-shui-remedies-for-living-on-a-slope/ 

I thought a slope in the backyard is good for feng shui as all your neighbors wealth will come to you.

However, a slope in the front yard is bad unless it's like two times the length of the back or something.

I never really researched much though.  But if my comments work for you, use them as truth!  ;D

Coleman said:
I thought a slope in the backyard is good for feng shui as all your neighbors wealth water runoff will come to you.
Fixed.

But it doesn't really rain here so you're good, unless your neighbor doesn't know how to set their sprinkler timer.

Coleman said:
I thought a slope in the backyard is good for feng shui as all your neighbors wealth will come to you.

I thought so too.  But just make sure the home is not back against the landfill hill, then all kind of crap will come to you. :)

Some of the Beachwood homes have crazy elevation shifts in the backyard, with the homes behind being way higher... makes the lower homes have walls that go comically high and basically block all sunlight from entering the home.

I think Feng Shui is living science.  If the slope is bothering you.  Don't buy, don't live in there, because it might indirectly cause your health issue., and then less willingly work, then less wealth...

If you live on the bottom of the slope, when it rains the mud/water will come to your property. For that reason alone, I would not buy a property beneath a slope.

Back